Tarantella Enterprise 3, version 3.3. (Database/Network News and Products).
Tarantella Enterprise 3, version 3.3 enables over 1,000 users to be supported from one Intel Linux system and in excess of 2,000 users from high-end SPARC or other RISC systems. The software's array architecture allows users to consolidate co-located and distributed Tarantella servers into one management domain, providing enhanced fault tolerance. The solution adds a modular component structure, giving customers the choice of supported application types, security levels, array features and more.
New features in Tarantella Enterprise 3, version 3.3 include:
* Enhanced Directory Services integration to assist in the management of large user communities by harnessing information held in LDAP datastores
* Advanced Load Management to optimize the performance of Windows and UNIXO/Linux application server farms
* Integration with strong authentication systems such as PKI, e.g. client certificates, and with industrial-strength third party products, such as Safeword Premier-Access and Netegrity SiteMinder
* Integration with SUN ONE Portal Server 6.0 to deliver legacy applications via the portal
* Support for new Tarantella server platforms including United Linux 1.0, Sun Linux 5, Solaris 9, RedHat 8 and IBM AIX 5.1
* Client support for the latest IE and Netscape browsers on Windows, Solaris and Linux, IE Windows using the latest Sun JVM, IE on Mac OS X 10.2+, and the recently announced Pocket PC client for HP iPaq
In conjunction with Tarantella Enterprise 3, version 3.3, the company will be introducing Customer Central, an on-demand, secure web-based facility whereby customers and partners can manage their support and maintenance subscriptions
A free 30-day evaluation version is available for download on the Tarantella download page at www.tarantelia.com/download
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Database and Network Journal|
|Date:||Apr 1, 2003|
|Previous Article:||Computer Associates lags behind Network Associates and Check Point. (Database/Network News and Products).|
|Next Article:||IPIC cable management software. (Database/Network News and Products).|