Take-Two Interactive's Rockstar Games Proudly Announces Max Payne for the PlayStation 2 Computer Entertainment System.Business Editors
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 20, 2001
Rockstar Games Canada Has Started Development
on Max Payne for PlayStation(R)2
Rockstar Games, Take Two Interactive Software, Inc.'s (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on :TTWO TTWO Take Two Interative Software, Inc. (stock symbol) ) high end video game publishing division, is pleased to announce that Max Payne, the highly-anticipated PC action game is now in development for the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system. Currently in development for PC with Remedy Entertainment Ltd. and 3D Realms Entertainment, Max Payne for PlayStation(R)2 is now being developed by Rockstar Games Canada and is set for release in 2001.
"As one of the first film noir inspired action games, Max Payne is an innovative and incredible new gameplay experience never seen before on the PlayStation(R)2," stated Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games. "The line between special effects in movies and videogames is narrowing. The technology behind PlayStation(R)2 allows us to take action to a level not yet achieved in videogames. With Max Payne, you will see the evolution of gameplay."
Max Payne is a stylish, urban, revenge driven action game based in New York New York, state, United States
New York, Middle Atlantic state of the United States. It is bordered by Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Atlantic Ocean (E), New Jersey and Pennsylvania (S), Lakes Erie and Ontario and the Canadian province of City's grimy underground. A groundbreaking rendering engine allows for heart-stopping, photo-realistic visuals and breath taking movie quality effects as Max Payne fights his way to uncover the truth. Max Payne is a dark, searing sear 1
v. seared, sear·ing, sears
1. To char, scorch, or burn the surface of with or as if with a hot instrument. See Synonyms at burn1.
2. tale of corruption and murder which combines the most popular elements from today's biggest box office action thrillers with the latest in videogame technology to deliver what promises to be one of the most original gameplay experiences this year.
The May 2001 issue of PC Gamer (just hitting newsstands), in an exclusive preview of the nearly finished PC version, had this to say: "Defiantly original, soaked in style, fiendishly fiend·ish
1. Of, relating to, or suggestive of a fiend; diabolical.
2. Extremely wicked or cruel.
3. Extremely bad, disagreeable, or difficult: well-written, and sporting one sequence of jaw-dropping action after another, Max Payne will be the most talked-about action game since Half-Life. Max Payne: The next great anti-hero anti-hero, principal character of a modern literary or dramatic work who lacks the attributes of the traditional protagonist or hero. The anti-hero's lack of courage, honesty, or grace, his weaknesses and confusion, often reflect modern man's ambivalence toward ."
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City New York City: see New York, city.
New York City
City (pop., 2000: 8,008,278), southeastern New York, at the mouth of the Hudson River. The largest city in the U.S. , Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is an integrated global developer, marketer, distributor, and publisher of interactive entertainment software games and accessories for the PC, PlayStation, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Game Boy Color The Game Boy Color (ゲームボーイカラー , Sega Dreamcast, PlayStation(R)2 and the Xbox(TM). The Company publishes and develops products through various wholly owned subsidiaries Wholly Owned Subsidiary
A subsidiary whose parent company owns 100% of its common stock.
In other words, the parent company owns the company outright and there are no minority owners. including: Rockstar Games, GodGames, TalonSoft, Joytech, DMA (1) (Digital Media Adapter) See digital media hub.
(2) (Document Management Alliance) A specification that provides a common interface for accessing and searching document databases. Design, PopTop, Global Star and under the Take-Two brand name. The Company maintains sales and marketing offices in Cincinnati, New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Munich, Vienna, Copenhagen, Milan and Sydney.
About Remedy Entertainment Ltd.
Remedy Entertainment Ltd., a developer of action computer games and action game technology is based in Espoo, Finland. The company has developed its own leading edge MAX-FX Technology (TM) internally. Remedy is developing one of this year's most anticipated games, Max Payne for PC with this technology. Remedy Entertainment is also a major shareholder in MadOnion.com Ltd., who use MAX-FX Technology in their 3D benchmarks (20 million distributed globally). (www.remedy.fi)
About 3D Realms Entertainment
Apogee Software Ltd., a.k.a. 3D Realms, based in Dallas, Texas, is a leading PC developer and shareware pioneer since 1987, with 35 published titles, including the Duke Nukem series, Wolfenstein 3-D, Raptor, Terminal Velocity and Commander Keen. Current projects include Duke Nukem Forever This article or section contains information about an unreleased video game.
The content may change substantially as more information becomes available. , and two Miramax movies based on Duke Nukem and Max Payne. (www.3drealms.com)
Safe Harbor Safe Harbor
1. A legal provision to reduce or eliminate liability as long as good faith is demonstrated.
2. A form of shark repellent implemented by a target company acquiring a business that is so poorly regulated that the target itself is less attractive. Statement under the Private Securities Reform Act of 1995: The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties including, but not limited to: risks associated with the Company's future growth and operating results; the ability of the Company to successfully integrate the operations and personnel of newly acquired companies; the availability of adequate sources of financing to fund periodic cash flow shortages; technology development risks; credit risks; seasonal factors; inventory obsolescence ob·so·les·cent
1. Being in the process of passing out of use or usefulness; becoming obsolete.
2. Biology Gradually disappearing; imperfectly or only slightly developed. ; technological change; competitive factors; product returns; failure to develop and release products on a timely basis; failure of retailers to sell-through the Company's products; and unfavorable general economic conditions, any, or all of which, could have a material adverse effect on the Company's business, operating results and financial condition. The Company's actual operating results, may vary significantly from such forward-looking statements. Take-Two undertakes no obligation to update forward-looking statements contained within this press release.
"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.