TWO VAN NUYS APARTMENT UNITS BURN.Byline: Sharline Chiang Daily News Staff Writer
An electrical short circuit apparently sparked a fire that burned two units of a three-story apartment building Sunday night Sunday Night, later named Michelob Presents Night Music, was an NBC late-night television show which aired for two seasons between 1988 and 1990 as a showcase for jazz and eclectic musical artists. , fire officials said. No one was injured.
The fire broke out at 5:19 p.m. on the first floor of the building in the 6600 block of North Sylmar Avenue near the intersection with Kittridge Street, said city fire spokesman Jim Wells Jim Wells MLA (born 27 April 1957) is a politician from the Democratic Unionist Party and a deputy speaker of the Transitional Assembly (Northern Ireland).
Wells is one of six Assembly members for South Down. .
The fire burned and badly damaged the unit in which the fire originated and a van that was parked outside. A unit on the second floor was also burned.
About 70 firefighters extinguished ex·tin·guish
tr.v. ex·tin·guished, ex·tin·guish·ing, ex·tin·guish·es
1. To put out (a fire, for example); quench.
2. To put an end to (hopes, for example); destroy. See Synonyms at abolish.
3. the blaze in about a half hour.
A 2-month-old boy with a pre-existing asthmatic condition suffered minor smoke inhalation Smoke Inhalation Definition
Smoke inhalation is breathing in the harmful gases, vapors, and particulate matter contained in smoke.
Smoke inhalation typically occurs in victims or firefighters caught in structural fires. and was taken to Valley Presbyterian Hospital Presbyterian Hospital can refer to several places:
From the fire emerged one story with a happy ending.
Wells said a 14-year-old girl whose cat was stuck in the burning second floor unit pleaded with firefighters to help save her pet. The cat was later found alive in a corner by firefighters.
``It was in an area where the smoke had not overcome the animal,'' Wells said. ``It was fortunate the cat was alive.''