Printer Friendly

TMA AND TRICORD SYSTEMS, INC. AWARDED FEDERAL DATABASE SERVER CONTRACT

 MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/ -- Tricord Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRCD) and Technology, Management and Analysis Corporation (TMA) today jointly announced that TMA has been awarded Lot I of the AFCAC 305 Database Machine acquisition contract. The AFCAC 305 procurement is designed to facilitate the acquisition of distributed and Client/Server computing products and support services. Tricord Systems, Oracle Corporation and the Santa Cruz Operation (SCO) are TMA's primary vendors for this contract.
 AFCAC 305 is an eight-year IDIQ contract, with a maximum of five years for equipment and software orders, and eight years for maintenance, training and and technical support services. As a joint- service contract, 90 percent of the contract value is set aside for Army, Navy, Air Force, Defense Information Systems Agenda and Defense Logistics Agency purchases. The remaining 10 percent is available for other federal agency purchases.
 Lot I of AFCAC 305 specifies database servers to support up to 50 users running Oracle RDBMS in a SCO UNIX environment. TMA will provide one-stop acquisition, integration and maintenance support for the SCO systems software, Oracle RDBMS and Tools software and Tricord PowerFrame enterprise servers.
 The full line of Tricord's PowerFrame products, ranging from the PowerFrame Model 30 through the company's top-of-the-line ES5000 enterprise server are available under the contract.
 Tricord's enterprise server line provides configuration choices ranging from one to six Intel i486 or Pentium(TM) processors, up to one gigabyte of main memory, and up to 488 gigabytes of disk storage capacity. RAID 0 and 1 plus hot disk sparing are standard on all disk configurations. Redundant power supplies, disk drive hot replacements, and cooling fans are also available based on the PowerFrame model selected.
 The contract also features software for government desktop machines, including IBM PC compatibles, Sun 4, AT&T 3B2 and UNISYS PW2. The Oracle set of 4GL and GUI tools allows these "clients" to perform transactions in a Client/Server computing model.
 TMA will be providing expert training and technical support services to integrate and facilitate Client/Server computing at government installations.
 Tricord Systems, Inc. is the leading supplier of enterprise servers to the network superserver market, the fastest growing segment of the networking market. The company designs, manufactures and markets the PowerFrame family of enterprise servers for use in all applications of networking, including file serving, LAN consolidation, application serving and communications serving.
 -0- 9/22/93
 /CONTACT: Edi Dor of Technology, Management & Analysis Corporation, 703-506-1905; John Rotter of Tricord Systems, 612-557-9005; or Cheryl Snapp of Network Associates, 801-225-7888/
 (TRCD)


CO: Tricord Systems, Inc. ST: Minnesota, Virginia IN: CPR SU: CON

DB-AL -- MN010 -- 4746 09/22/93 13:43 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Sep 22, 1993
Words:437
Previous Article:AIR ONTARIO EXPANDS TORONTO ISLAND SERVICE OCT. 4TH
Next Article:ESTELLE APPOINTED AS CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD OF QUANTECH LTD.
Topics:

Terms of use | Copyright © 2016 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters