TEN TO FOLLOW.
From the list of 500 horses, select ten to follow in Flat races during the period of the competition -May 1 to October 14 inclusive. Each list of ten horses costs pounds 10 or e16 and you can enter as many lists as you wish.
There are three ways to enter:
1. BY INTERNET. Simply log on to www.totetentofollow.co.uk
Before making your selections you will need to register your personal details by selecting 'Register' from the overhead menu, then completing the required details requested. If you have previously entered the Tote Ten to Follow online, you do not have to re-register, just select 'Login' from the overhead menu and enter your registered username and password, then follow the easy step-by-step instructions to enter and pay with your credit card or debit card.
You will also be able to monitor your entry online throughout the competition. Just log in with your username and password.
It is easy to enter permutations or multiple entries containing banker selections. Just follow the instructions.
Deadline for internet entries is noon on Thursday, April 27.
2. BY PHONE. Have the reference numbers of your ten selections handy, plus your credit card or debit card, and phone 0871 200 20 30. Calls cost 10p per minute and entering should take no longer than five minutes. (RofI readers should call 00 44 871 200 20 30' cost varies between 6-14 cents per min).
After your entry is processed, you will be given a PIN number which will enable you to monitor your entry online at tote tentofollow.co.uk
Deadline for internet entries is noon on Thursday, April 27.
3. BY POST. Each horse has a reference number. Write the reference numbers - not the horse names - clearly on the entry form, using a blue or black ballpoint pen - NOT a felt tip.
You may enter as many lists as you wish. However, each entry must be made on an official entry form, although photocopies will be accepted for multiple entries.
Each entry form must contain the name and address of the entrant and, if possible, their telephone numbers. Multiple entries in the name of a syndicate must also contain the full name and address of the organiser.
Completed entry forms must be accompanied by a cheque/crossed postal order payable to Totesport for the amount staked in pounds or E. Payment in other currencies cannot be accepted. Cash should only be sent by registered post.
Retain a copy of your entry, as copies will not be provided. If you require confirmation of your entry being received you must enclose a stamped-addressed envelope.
Post your entry form, together with the remittance to cover your total stake, to arrive by no later than Thursday, April 27 to: Tote Ten to Follow, PO Box 116, Wigan, WN3 4WW.
Please note that postal entries cannot be monitored online or by telephone.
For entries made via the internet, friends, families or even pubs and clubs can set up their own private mini-leagues where, in addition to being entered in the Ten to Follow competition, you will also be able to view your own private leader board online containing the scores and positions of the other entries in your own mini-league.
To set up a mini-league you will firstly need to appoint a member of your group as the organiser, who, when completing his/her entry via the internet, will need to register a unique name for your mini-league. The name should be different to the username/ password registered to access your own individual entry details.
After completing an entry in the competition, the organiser will be provided with a unique eight-digit code which will be required to gain future access to the mini-league. The organiser can then advise the unique eight-digit code to other members of the group who will need to input this code when making their own online entries.
1. Selections count when winning Flat races (excluding NH Flat races) during the period of the competition under the Rules of Racing in Great Britain or Ireland, Group races in France, Germany and Italy and Grade 1 stakes races in North America.
2. Each winning selection will be awarded points as follows:
25 pts in a Group 1/Grade 1
20 pts in a Group 2 race
15 pts in a Group 3 race
12 pts in a Listed race
10 pts in other races
3. An extra 25 pts will be awarded to the winner and 12 pts to the runner-up in each of these races:
1m, 3yo, Newmarket, May 6
1m, 3yo fillies, Newmarket, May 7
1m4f, 3yo fillies, Epsom, June 2
1m4f, 3yo, Epsom, June 3
St James's Palace Stakes
1m, 3yo, Royal Ascot, June 20
Prince of Wales's Stakes
1m2f, 4yo+, Royal Ascot, June 21
Ascot Gold Cup
2m4f, 4yo+, Royal Ascot, June 22
1m, 3yo fillies, Royal Ascot, June 23
Golden Jubilee Stakes
6f, 3yo+, Royal Ascot, June 24
1m4f, 3yo, Curragh, July 2
1m2f, 3yo+, Sandown, July 8
King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes
1m4f, 3yo+, Ascot, July 29
1m, 3yo+Goodwood, August 2
1m 21/2f, 3yo+, York, August 22
5f, 2yo+, York, August 24
St Leger Stakes
1m 61/2f, 3yo, York, September 9
Irish Champion Stakes
1m2f, 3yo+, Leopardstown, Sep 9
Queen Elizabeth II Stakes
1m, 3yo+, Ascot, September 23
Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe
1m4f, 3yo+, Longchamp, October 1
1m2f, 3yo+, Newmarket, October 14
Any of the above races rescheduled to take place outside the dates of the competition will not count.
4. In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating, with fractions rounded down. No points will be awarded for a walkover. The official result on the day will be final with subsequent disqualifications disregarded. 5. Bonus points according to the official Tote/Pari-Mutuel win dividend odds, including a pounds 1 unit stake, will be awarded as follows to winning selections:
pounds 4 to pounds 7 4
Over pounds 7 up to pounds 11 7
Over pounds 11 up to pounds 16 11
Over pounds 16 up to pounds 22 16
Over pounds 22 up to pounds 29 22
Over pounds 29 up to pounds 37 29
Over pounds 37 37
In the event of no Tote win dividend being declared, the Starting Price will determine any bonus points. Should neither a Tote win dividend nor a Starting Price be returned, bonus points will not apply.
The Ten to Follow competition is operated as a pool by the Horserace Totalisator Board. Entry forms are available from Totesport, the Racing Post, and selected Trinity Mirror publications, and are also available at totetentofollow.co.uk.
All stake money will be aggregated and paid out in dividends after a 30 per cent deduction to cover administration and expenses etc. pounds 70,000 will be allocated for monthly and special dividends with the balance divided as follows to the overall winners: WINNER 70%
Dividends of pounds 10,000 will be paid for May, June, July, August and September to the entrant accumulating most points during each of those months.
A dividend of pounds 10,000 will be paid to the entrant accumulating most points at Royal Ascot (June 20-24) and a further pounds 10,000 paid to the entrant accumulating most points at the York Tote-Ebor meeting (Aug 22-24).
In the event of a tie for any place, the dividends concerned will be shared.
If you need help with your entry, call the helpline on 0800 666 160, available until April 28.
1. Entries once received cannot be changed.
2. Only horses contained in the list are eligible and must be entered by their reference numbers. Entries containing horse names are not accepted.
3. Should a selection be duplicated in any one line, points will only be awarded once with the repeated selection disregarded. Where a selection number is illegible, capable of dual interpretation or is not contained in the prescribed list, the selection concerned will be void with the remaining selections counting.
4. Entries containing fewer than ten selections will count for the number of selections made. Where more than ten selections are stated in one line, the first ten selected will count with the remainder disregarded.
5. Where the remittance is insufficient to cover the number of entries required, the amount received will be allocated to entries in the order of processing with any remaining entries void.
6. The names of winners/leaders will be published in the Racing Post and at totetentofollow.co.uk. Any disagreement with the published list must be made in writing and received within five days of the publication date at: Tote Ten to Follow, PO Box 116, Wigan WN3 4WW or by email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims received after this date or telephone enquiries will not be considered.
7. Neither the Horserace Totalisator Board nor the Racing Post or any other Trinity Mirror publication, accepts responsibility for any non-receipt of entries. Proof of posting will not be taken as proof of delivery.
8. In all cases the decision of the Horserace Totalisator Board is final.
9. Members of staff (or their immediate families) of the Horserace Totalisator Board, the Racing Post or other Trinity Mirror publications are not eligible to enter.
10. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Racing Post (London, England)|
|Date:||Apr 23, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Horse Racing: Good Friday blank next year but legal door open to racing in 2008.|
|Next Article:||Strength in depth makes Fabre the key trainer to follow.|