SynQor Delivers Industry's Smallest Power Input Module Design for ATCA Applications.Quarter brick cuts component count; maximizes available board space
BOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- SynQor today announced the release of its iQor(r) Power Interface Module for applications complying with the Advanced Telecom Computing Architecture (ATCA See AdvancedTCA. ) specifications, offering designers the smallest available overall power solution for Carrier Card designs. The Interface Module, when coupled with a Payload DC/DC Converter such as SynQor's PQ60120QEA QEA Quantitative Environmental Analysis, LLC (environmental consulting company)
QEA Quantum-Inspired Evolutionary Algorithm
QEA Quick-Erect Antenna
QEA Quod Est Absurdum (Latin: which is absurd)
QEA Queue Element Area 25, results in the most comprehensive solution for ATCA board designs, with only fuses and hold-up capacitors needed to be added externally to support the ATCA specifications.
The IQ65033QMA QMA Queens Museum of Art (Queens, NY)
QMA Quiz Magic Academy (arcade game)
QMA Quarter Midget Association
QMA Quantum Merlin Arthur
QMA Qatar Monetary Agency 10 series is rated at up to 10A of output current, and has an input voltage range of -36V to -75V. The module provides all power management features required by the ATCA specifications including:
- MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) The most popular and widely used type of field effect transistor (see FET). MOSFETs are either NMOS (n-channel) or PMOS (p-channel) transistors, which are fabricated as individually packaged based Input OR-ing of A & B power feeds
- Hot swap To pull out a component from a system and plug in a new one while the main power is still on. Also called "hot plug" and "hot insertion," hot swap is a feature of USB devices, allowing an external drive, network adapter or other peripheral to be plugged in without having to power down the & Inrush in·rush
A sudden rushing in; an influx.
inrushing adj. control with seamless ride through of input transients
- EMI (ElectroMagnetic Interference) An electrical disturbance in a system due to natural phenomena, low-frequency waves from electromechanical devices or high-frequency waves (RFI) from chips and other electronic devices. Allowable limits are governed by the FCC. filter designed to meet CISPR CISPR Comité Internationale Spécial des Perturbations Radioelectrotechnique (International Special Committee on Radio Interference, IEC) 22 Class B levels for conducted noise
- Up to 3.6A of 3.3V Management Power for IPMI (Intelligent Platform Management Interface) A protocol for monitoring server hardware for temperature, voltage, chassis intrusion, etc. Introduced in 1998 by Intel, HP, NEC and Dell, IPMI defines a standard set of messages for the characteristics of hardware and house keeping functions
SynQor's new iQor module also provides a 5V/150mA rail to support the ubiquitous Blue LED. It has a programmable hold-up capacitor voltage offering an output from 50V to 95V, which significantly reduces the amount of capacitance needed. This value is set by a single external resistor. When set to a value of 90V, only 564uF of external hold-up capacitance is required to achieve 8.70ms of hold-up time with a 200W load. This is more than ten times less capacitance than some competitive solutions. When combined with SynQor's PQ60120QEA25 Isolated DC/DC Converter, the overall board space required is less than 8in2 (51cm2), saving up to 25% board area over competitive solutions.
Protection features of the iQor module include:
- Over Current Protection (Main Output & 3.3V/5V Management Power)
- Over Voltage Protection (Management Power)
- Thermal Shutdown
- Input fuse/feed loss alarm & OR-ing MOSFET failure alarm
The module is optionally available with an I2C I2C Inter-Integrated Circuit
I2C Intelligent Interface Controller
I2C Intelligent Controller reporting interface. The Full Featured version reports the following data using a PM-Bus compliant command structure with a 100ms refresh rate:
- OR'ing MOSFET failure
- Input fuse/feed alarm
- Input voltage (A and B)
- Enable voltages
- Holdup capacitor voltage
- Output voltage
- Output current
"This power interface module has been designed from the outset in conjunction with key customers to exceed the demanding requirements of the ATCA power specifications," said Phil Goff, Product Marketing Manager, SynQor, Inc. "The iQor module offers significant space and performance advantages over current solutions to the board designer, and gives flexibility in several areas to allow optimization of the power solution".
Sample and production quantities are available immediately with a stock to 8-week lead-time. The modules are priced from $45.00 in OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) The rebranding of equipment and selling it. The term initially referred to the company that made the products (the "original" manufacturer), but eventually became widely used to refer to the organization that buys the products and quantities. For additional information, please contact your local SynQor representative, or visit us at http://www.synqor.com/
High-resolution photography for this press release available at:
SynQor is the technology, quality and service leader for high efficiency DC/DC converters in distributed power architectures for the telecom/datacom markets. The PowerQor, BusQor, DualQor, iQor, and NiQor product lines, combined with our unmatched lead times, flexibility, design support and lowest total cost of ownership exceed the technical and business requirements of our worldwide customer base.
Equally impressive is SynQor's very successful entry into the military, medical and industrial market segments with the MilQor, InQor and AcuQor (AC/DC AC/DC
Having a bisexual orientation.
[From the likening of a bisexual person to an appliance that works on either alternating or direct current. ) product lines. These new technology leading DC/DC and AC/DC product lines have enabled customers to realize vast savings in space, weight and overall system costs while dramatically increasing power densities and end system performance. Just as important is the service and support advantage SynQor has brought to our customers in these market segments.
SynQor is a privately owned U.S. company headquartered in Boxborough, Massachusetts, which is also the location of all of its manufacturing lines. SynQor has a design center in Dallas Texas, and sales/marketing offices in Europe, Singapore, Korea, China and Japan. More information is available on the company's website at www.synqor.com.