Symmetricom Announces New PCI Time and Frequency Processor Modules.Timing Modules Provide Precise Time and Frequency Reference to Host Computers with Extreme Precision and Accuracy
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Symmetricom, Inc. (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on : SYMM SYMM Synchronized Multimedia (W3C Working Group) ), a worldwide leader in precise time and frequency technologies that accelerate the deployment and enable the management of next generation networks, today announced its latest PCI (1) (Payment Card Industry) See PCI DSS.
(2) (Peripheral Component Interconnect) The most widely used I/O bus (peripheral bus). time and frequency processor modules, the bc635PCI-V2 and the GPS referenced bc637PCI-V2, providing precise time and frequency references to host computers and peripheral data acquisition systems. One of the first PCI-based modules to provide a level of timing accuracy to 50 nanoseconds of Coordinated Universal Time See UTC.
(time, standard) Coordinated Universal Time - (UTC, World Time) The standard time common to every place in the world. UTC is derived from International Atomic Time (TAI) by the addition of a whole number of "leap seconds" to synchronise it with Universal Time 1 (UTC), the bus cards also support one of the widest variety of time codes available - over 30 inputs/outputs to choose from. These modules provide very precise time for government, aerospace and financial applications that require tight integration between the application and the host computer.
"Our customers' new applications require greater precision and timing accuracy as well as support for legacy systems," commented Paul Skoog, product marketing manager at Symmetricom. "These new PCI-based modules provide this level of accuracy as well as one of the widest ranges of time codes and rate outputs available from any PCI module on the market. Our customers' applications will immediately benefit from the greater accuracy and versatility these new modules provide."
New capabilities of the PCI time and frequency processor modules include:
* GPS Synchronized with 50 Nanosecond Accuracy to UTC - one of the first PCI-based modules to provide this level of timing accuracy
* Extensive Time Code Generation and Translation - IRIG IRIG Inter-Range Instrumentation Group (Range Commanders Council)
IRIG Inertial Reference Integrating Gyro A, B, G, E, IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York, www.ieee.org) A membership organization that includes engineers, scientists and students in electronics and allied fields. 1344, NASA 36, XR3 or 2137 in both amplitude modulated (AM) and DC level shift formats supported; over 30 input and output time code variations are supported with the ability to do them in parallel between AM and DCLS
* State-of-the-Art Periodic Pulse Rate Generator - DDS (1) (Digital Data Storage) See DAT.
(2) (Data Dictionary System) See QuickBuild and OpenDDS.
(3) (Dataphone Digital S rate synthesizer capable of <<1 PPS (Packets Per Second) The measurement of activity in a local area network (LAN). In LANs such as Ethernet, Token Ring and FDDI, as well as the Internet, data is broken up and transmitted in packets (frames), each with a source and destination address. to 100 MPPS is the widest and most flexible found in a PCI based module
"We tested the bc635PCI-V2 bus card as part of NetAcquire's real-time distributed telemetry architecture and found that it worked well," commented Clif Brown, production manager at NetAcquire Corporation. "The product is well documented, integration went smoothly and it was a good experience working with Symmetricom."
PCI based timing modules integrate into host computers such as PCs and Sun workstations to provide both accurate time to the CPU CPU
in full central processing unit
Principal component of a digital computer, composed of a control unit, an instruction-decoding unit, and an arithmetic-logic unit. as well as synchronized time between computers. This accuracy and synchronization allows for time critical applications such as data acquisition systems or stock trading programs to operate in concert with the precision required.
The PCI time and frequency processor modules will be shipping in August.
About Symmetricom, Inc.
As a worldwide leader in precise time and frequency products and services, Symmetricom provides "Perfect Timing" to customers around the world. Since 1985, the company's solutions have helped define the world's time and frequency standards, delivering precision, reliability and efficiency to wireline and wireless networks, instrumentation and testing applications and network time management. Deployed in more than 90 countries, the company's synchronization solutions include primary reference sources, building integrated timing supplies (BITS), GPS timing receivers, time and frequency distribution systems, network time servers and ruggedized oscillators. Symmetricom also incorporates technologies including Universal Timing Interface (UTI UTI urinary tract infection.
urinary tract infection
urinary tract infection.
UTI Urinary tract infection, see there ), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Precision Time Protocol (IEEE 1588), and others supporting the world's migration to Next Generation Networks (NGN (Next Generation Networks) An umbrella term for mixed voice and data networks running over the IP protocol. See IP Multimedia Subsystem. ). Symmetricom is based in San Jose, Calif., with offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.symmetricom.com.