Symmetricom Announces New Options for XLi GPS Synchronized Time and Frequency System.New Option Modules Provide High Performance Frequency and Timing Outputs including Enhanced Low Phase Noise, E1/T1, Parallel BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) The storage of numbers in which each decimal digit is converted into binary and is stored in a single character or byte. For example, a 12-digit number would take 12 bytes. See binary numbers. , PTTI PTTI Postal, Telegraph and Telephone International
PTTI Precise Time & Time Interval
PTTI Precise Time and Time Interface
PTTI Precise Time and Time Interval and Have Quick
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Symmetricom, Inc. (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on : SYMM SYMM Synchronized Multimedia (W3C Working Group) ), a worldwide leader in precise time and frequency technologies that accelerate the deployment and enable the management of next generation networks, today announced new option modules for its XLi/XLi SAASM SAASM Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module
SAASM Selective Availability Anti-Spoofing Module (US DoD GPS system) Time and Frequency System. The new option modules provide high performance time and frequency outputs including: Enhanced Low Phase Noise, E1/T1, Parallel BCD, Precision Time and Time Interval (PTTI) interface, upgraded Have Quick, Second Serial Port and an Expansion Module.
"The wide range of option modules available for the XLi/XLi SAASM makes it a leading GPS time and frequency instrument," commented Ron Holm, product marketing manager at Symmetricom. "Increased usability and vital performance features add to the widely used GPS time and frequency receiver and premier solution for military and satellite communications as well as test and measurement applications. Customers can now fulfill new and existing applications requiring this functionality with the network centric XLi/XLi SAASM."
The modular ultra precision XLi/XLi SAASM Time and Frequency System is a precise and versatile solution for timing and synchronization requirements. The variety of option cards provides a great design benefit, allowing users to customize the XLi to fit specific application needs. Whether the application demands redundancy in power supplies, GPS, or other time and frequency functions, customers can configure the XLi/XLi SAASM to provide a network-managed, single chassis solution.
New capabilities of the XLi/XLi SAASM Time and Frequency System include:
* Enhanced Low Phase Noise (ELPN) - This option module provides ultra low phase noise capability and one of the cleanest 10 MHz outputs available from a modular instrument in the industry. Continued increase in bandwidth in military and satellite communication networks require an extremely low phase noise frequency source to drive the up-converters.
* Second Serial Port/E1/T1 - Multi-function module provides upgraded E1 and T1 clock generation capability to synchronize communication networks as well as providing multiple serial port outputs to synchronize communication networks or deliver time-of-day to multiple devices.
* Parallel BCD Output - Synchronizes external equipment with millisecond and microsecond parallel time data. The time data is latched into external equipment with a data strobe.
* PTTI - Provides a time code and pulse outputs compliant with the Precision Time and Time Interval (PTTI) interface per the ICD-GPS-060 standard. The BCD time code, 1 pulse-per-minute (PPM) and 1 pulse-per-second (PPS (Packets Per Second) The measurement of activity in a local area network (LAN). In LANs such as Ethernet, Token Ring and FDDI, as well as the Internet, data is broken up and transmitted in packets (frames), each with a source and destination address. ) synchronize military communication equipment.
* Have Quick Output (HQO) - Upgrades the current HQO to provide user control of transmission of the Time Figure of Merit Noun 1. figure of merit - a numerical expression representing the efficiency of a given system, material, or procedure
efficiency - the ratio of the output to the input of any system (TFM TFM Traffic Flow Management
TFM TeX Font Metrics
TFM Transportacion Ferroviaria Mexicana
TFM Trusted Facility Manual
TFM Testicular Feminization
TFM Total Facility Management
TFM Tentative Final Monograph
TFM Transaction Flow Manager
TFM Thermally Fused Melamine ) data in the Have Quick time code.
* Expansion Module - User configurable option module allows the generation of four independent time code or pulse rates outputs to allow synchronization of multiple external devices.
All options modules are currently available.
For more on the XLi/XLi SAASM Time and Frequency System and new option modules, visit: http://www.symmttm.com/products_gps_xli.asp or http://www.symmttm.com/products_gps_XLi_SAASM.asp.
About Symmetricom, Inc.
As a worldwide leader in precise time and frequency products and services, Symmetricom provides "Perfect Timing" to customers around the world. Since 1985, the company's solutions have helped define the world's time and frequency standards, delivering precision, reliability and efficiency to wireline and wireless networks, instrumentation and testing applications and network time management. Deployed in more than 90 countries, the company's synchronization solutions include primary reference sources, building integrated timing supplies (BITS), GPS timing receivers, time and frequency distribution systems, network time servers and ruggedized oscillators. Symmetricom also incorporates technologies including Universal Timing Interface (UTI UTI urinary tract infection.
urinary tract infection
urinary tract infection.
UTI Urinary tract infection, see there ), Network Time Protocol (NTP (Network Time Protocol) A TCP/IP protocol used to synchronize the real time clock in computers, network devices and other electronic equipment that is time sensitive. It is also used to maintain the correct time in NTP-based wall and desk clocks. ), Precision Time Protocol (IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York, www.ieee.org) A membership organization that includes engineers, scientists and students in electronics and allied fields. 1588), and others supporting the world's migration to Next Generation Networks (NGN (Next Generation Networks) An umbrella term for mixed voice and data networks running over the IP protocol. See IP Multimedia Subsystem. ). Symmetricom is based in San Jose, Calif., with offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.symmetricom.com.