Symmetricom Announces High Performance GPS Network Time Servers for Next Generation Networks.
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Symmetricom, Inc. (NASDAQ: SYMM), a worldwide leader in precise time and frequency technologies that accelerate the deployment and enable the management of next generation networks, today announced its high-performance Global Positioning System (GPS) network time servers, the SyncServer[R] S300/S350. These ultra-precise network time servers use the latest Network Time Protocol (NTP) to synchronize time on servers, workstations and a variety of network elements for expanding IT enterprises. In addition to building on the feature set of their award-winning predecessors, the S300/S350 models add faster NTP packet processing, enhanced security and time source redundancy. The S300/S350 models also offer industry leading NTP responsiveness with four time ports including Gigabit Ethernet for high availability, security and throughput, supporting hundreds of thousands of network clients while maintaining microsecond-caliber NTP timestamp accuracy.
"Setting new standards for security, reliability, redundancy and versatility in network time servers, the SyncServer S300/S350 models continue the Symmetricom legacy of being the best-in-class network time servers in the world," commented John Hirsekorn, vice president of sales and marketing at Symmetricom. "Our newest time servers are the result of requests directly from IT professionals and we have responded with time source redundancy, enhanced security features and more than double the NTP throughput of previous models."
Accurately synchronized clocks are critical for network log file accuracy, security, billing systems, electronic transactions, database integrity, VoIP and many other next generation applications. The SyncServer S300/S350 models include all the features of the SyncServer S200/S250 and add:
* Gigabit Ethernet Port in addition to three 10/100Base-T ports - The four completely independent ports provide the flexibility needed to easily adapt to different and changing network topologies and security requirements.
* RADIUS Authentication - For maximum security and easy password management, particularly when there are multiple administrators that need access to the servers.
* Time Reference Security - To assure access to accurate time beyond GPS, a back-up time reference to national dial-up time services including NIST/ACTS Service is standard and an AM radio to synchronize to national time broadcasts is optional.
* Autokey - To assure both time packet integrity and the time source, Autokey uses secure digital signatures easily configured and managed through the excellent web interface.
* Alarm Relays for Monitoring Systems - In-depth internal monitoring, very flexible configurations and external alarming.
* Enhanced Options - Atomic clock configurations with Symmetricom Rubidium oscillators, Low Frequency Radio (DCF77/JJY/WWVB) and T1/E1 input/output reference.
"As network managers' challenges continue to grow as a result of the demanding requirements of the next generation network, Symmetricom continues to meet their requirements with its latest network time servers," commented Jessy Cavazos, Industry Manager at Frost and Sullivan, a leading market research company. "These products are a result of years of accumulated knowledge and research, which Symmetricom has gained as the outright market leader."
"Symmetricom continues to build on the most comprehensive network time servers we have ever used," commented Eiichi Mitsuda at Marubun Corporation, Japan's leading electronics and electronic components distributor. "The reliable and secure SyncServer S300/S350 models are essential network time server solutions for those looking to upgrade network functionality including NTP via a more modern network timing system. These will meet the growing needs of our customers."
The SyncServer S300/S350 models will be shipping in September 2007.
For more information, visit: http://www.ntp-systems.com/PR_S300-S350.asp.
About Symmetricom, Inc.
As a worldwide leader in precise time and frequency products and services, Symmetricom provides "Perfect Timing" to customers around the world. Since 1985, the company's solutions have helped define the world's time and frequency standards, delivering precision, reliability and efficiency to wireline and wireless networks, instrumentation and testing applications and network time management. Deployed in more than 90 countries, the company's synchronization solutions include primary reference sources, building integrated timing supplies (BITS), GPS timing receivers, time and frequency distribution systems, network time servers and ruggedized oscillators. Symmetricom also incorporates technologies including Universal Timing Interface (UTI), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Precision Time Protocol (IEEE 1588), and others supporting the world's migration to Next Generation Networks (NGN). Symmetricom is based in San Jose, Calif., with offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.symmetricom.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Company overview|
|Date:||Aug 14, 2007|
|Previous Article:||TeleTracking to Automate Patient Flow at Montifiore Medical Center.|
|Next Article:||Envision Telephony Receives 2007 Members' Choice Award from ContactCenterWorld.com.|