Sweet Sixteens: Your Planning Timeline
10 to 12 (or more) months before…
· Start thinking about what kind of Sweet Sixteen you want to have -- colors, theme, location, everything!
· Pick the date and time.
· Start thinking about your guest list.
· Start looking at party locations. It might seem early, but remember, you're you're
Contraction of you are.
you're you are
you're be competing against weddings and other parties, so these places book up fast. If you see one you love, go for it!
· And of course, it's it's
1. Contraction of it is.
2. Contraction of it has. See Usage Note at its.
it's it is or it has
it's be ~have no fun, but start working on a budget.
6 to 8 months before…
· If you are ordering a dress for your daughter (especially one that’ll require tailoring), start shopping now. Order as much in advance as possible to leave time for last-minute last minute
The period just before a significant or concluding moment such as a deadline, due date, or scheduled event: always waits until the last minute to do his holiday shopping. alterations.
· Start thinking about what kind of food you'd you'd
1. Contraction of you had.
2. Contraction of you would.
you'd you had or you would
you'd have ~would like to have.
· Decide on what kind of entertainment you want: A band or a DJ?
· Start researching and booking Sweet Sixteen pros, like your photographer, band or DJ, etc.
· Check out party-rental places if you need to rent anything for your child's Sweet Sixteen (like chairs and tables or a tent tent, portable shelter of canvas, skins, felt, matting, or other material usually supported by poles and used chiefly by nomads, hunters, and campers. Tents have been used by pastoral peoples since ancient times and are mentioned in the Old Testament and in Homer. ).
4 to 6 months before…
· If you're getting custom-printed invitations, it's time It's Time was a successful political campaign run by the Australian Labor Party (ALP) under Gough Whitlam at the 1972 election in Australia. Campaigning on the perceived need for change after 23 years of conservative (Liberal Party of Australia) government, Labor put forward a to start shopping.
· Having a custom-made cake? Start thinking about how you'd like it to look (and taste!), and check out the bakeries in your area.
3 months before…
· Order your invites.
· Order your cake.
2 months before…
o Get those invitations in the mail.
o If you are getting your daughter's hair professionally done, make that appointment now.
1 month before…
o If you've ordered a dress, pick it up from the store and have final fittings done.
o Make any last-minute adjustments with your Sweet Sixteen pros.
2 weeks before…
o Take a peek at your RSVPs and call up any guests you're still waiting to hear from.
o If you're having a professional photographer, talk to him/her about any must-take shots.
1 week before…
o Give your site or your caterer the final head count so they know how many meals you'll need. Don’t forget to include your DJ, photographer, etc. -- they need to eat too!
o Remind your location about any special needs your other Sweet Sixteen professionals might have (for example, if the DJ needs a table, where the band will be set up, etc.)
o Having a dinner with assigned as·sign
tr.v. as·signed, as·sign·ing, as·signs
1. To set apart for a particular purpose; designate: assigned a day for the inspection.
2. seats? Don’t forget to create your seating chart.
o Call all of your Sweet Sixteen vendors and reconfirm re·con·firm
tr.v. re·con·firmed, re·con·firm·ing, re·con·firms
To confirm again, especially to establish or support more firmly: reconfirmed the reservations. all details: When they'll be arriving, what they'll be providing, etc. Make sure they have the phone number of someone reliable in case anything comes up close to party time.