Steps to improve computer science.
1. Promote funding for computer science courses, equipment and materials.
2. Identify how much is being spent on computer science education in your district and determine if there have been cutbacks on computer science education.
3. Put policies in place to ensure that only qualified teachers are teaching computer science courses and enforce those policies.
4. Review your current computer science curriculum to determine whether it provides sufficient opportunities for students to gain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in an increasingly computerized world.
5. Create and support professional development opportunities that help computer science teachers ensure that their technical and pedagogical skills keep pace with student learning needs.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||In-school, round-the-clock math tutoring.|
|Next Article:||An easy way to teach patriotism.|