Starting a Pro-Life Committee in Your Church.Every church in America, regardless of denomination Denomination
The stated value found on financial instruments.
This term applies to most financial instruments with monetary values. The denomination for bonds and securities would be face value or par value. , should have its own active pro-life committee. Starting church-based pro-life committees is usually a simple and direct process, if you follow these guidelines guidelines,
n.pl a set of standards, criteria, or specifications to be used or followed in the performance of certain tasks. :
* Overcome the Inertia inertia (ĭnûr`shə), in physics, the resistance of a body to any alteration in its state of motion, i.e., the resistance of a body at rest to being set in motion or of a body in motion to any change of speed or change in direction of -- MAKE IT HAPPEN -- Start at Square #1 -- Determination and polite persistence can make all the difference between success and failure. Above all else, develop a strategy to build a committee in your church and stick with it.
* Identify Other Pro-Lifers in Your Church -- Finding one or more pro-life church members to work with you will be a great help in building a functioning church-based pro-life committee.
* Obtain Support from Your Pastor -- Plan a meeting with your Pastor and consider the following key points in advance:
* How does your Pastor respond to new activities in the church?
* What is your Pastor's present position on abortion?
* Anticipate concerns he may have and have answers ready.
* Have a meeting with Your Pastor -- Present your proposed pro-life activities in a way that your Pastor is most likely to endorse. These should including the following:
* Prepare a pro-life sermon.
* Support the formation of a church pro-life committee.
* Develop a reconciliation program for women who have had abortions.
* Support Your Pastor When He Is Criticized for Giving a Pro-Life Sermon -- Have pro-life church members profusely pro·fuse
1. Plentiful; copious.
2. Giving or given freely and abundantly; extravagant: were profuse in their compliments. thank your pastor after he has given a pro-life sermon and encourage him to continue his pro-life activities.
* Form a Church Pro-Life Committee -- Identify two to four pro-life people to form the leadership of the committee. Plan on regular meetings and fix a date (such as the first Tuesday First Tuesday is a networking forum for technology entrepreneurs, companies seeking venture capital, investors and related service providers. Founded in 1998, First Tuesday now has 38,000 members and the 10 branches across Europe host meetings on the first Tuesday every month. of each month). At your first meeting plan a calendar of events and activities for the upcoming year. Be sure to include educational activities and petition drives on partial-birth abortion partial-birth abortion
A late-term abortion, especially one in which a viable fetus is partially delivered through the cervix before being extracted. Not in technical use. (petition forms are available from NRLC NRLC National Right to Life Committee (since 1973; Washington, DC)
NRLC National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property ).
* Conduct a Variety of Pro-Life Projects -- Conduct several pro-life projects, including baby showers A baby shower is a party in which expectant parents receive gifts for their expected or born child. By convention, a baby shower is intended to help parents get items that they need for their baby, such as baby clothes. for abortion alternatives groups in your area. In addition, appoint someone on the committee to establish a liaison with your local National Right to Life-affiliated chapter. One key project your church group should consider in 1999 is to conduct a fundraising drive for National Right to Life's Partial-Birth Abortion Ban or Child Custody The care, control, and maintenance of a child, which a court may award to one of the parents following a Divorce or separation proceeding.
Under most circumstances, state laws provide that biological parents make all decisions that are involved in rearing their Protection Act Media Education Campaign. This will help NRLC continue to run educational ads.
Church-based pro-life committees are excellent ways to expand the pro-life base in your community. DO NOT assume that pro-life committees cannot be formed in denominations which are not pro-life. Many pastors within these seemingly pro-abortion denominations are very pro-life. With a little encouragement they can become very active pro-life leaders.
Find square #1, pray and begin. Be patient, expect success, and be politely persistent. Above all, never stop trying. The Bible is filled with stories about how patience and persistence eventually are rewarded.