Starry, starry night.The Crowley Museum and Nature Center, on 190 acres adjacent to the Myakka River, welcomes more than 7,000 visitors each year to nature trails, a boardwalk traversing Maple Branch Swamp swamp, shallow body of water in a low-lying, poorly drained depression, usually containing abundant plant growth dominated by trees, such as cypress, and high shrubs. , an observation tower and a pioneer cabin and museum. At night, you can also see the stars in startling star·tle
v. star·tled, star·tling, star·tles
1. To cause to make a quick involuntary movement or start.
2. To alarm, frighten, or surprise suddenly. See Synonyms at frighten. clarity. At the annual Starry star·ry
adj. star·ri·er, star·ri·est
1. Marked or set with stars or starlike objects.
2. Shining or glittering like stars.
3. Shaped like a star.
4. Illuminated by stars; starlit. Night dinner-auction Saturday, March 19, partygoers will glimpse the first-quarter moon, rings of Saturn The rings of Saturn are a system of planetary rings around the planet Saturn. They consist of countless small particles, ranging in size from microns to meters, each on its own individual orbit about Saturn. and more with the high-powered telescopes of the local chapter of Deep Sky Observers. With dinner by Paul Mattison and a silent auction (including a dolphin tour with Mote Marine) to benefit the center. Tickets $100 per person; call (941) 322-1000. 16405 Myakka Road, Myakka City.