Split carrier annulus seal assembly for wellhead systems.
U.S. patent: 6,969,070
Issued: November 29, 2005
Inventors: Larry E. Reimert and Lionel J. Milberger
Key statement. The seal assembly (10) seal between a subsea Subsea is a general term frequently used to refer to equipment, technology, and methods employed to explore, drill, and develop oil and gas fields that exist below the ocean floors. This may be in "shallow" or "deepwater". wellhead well·head
1. The source of a well or stream.
2. A principal source; a fountainhead.
3. The structure built over a well.
1. housing (12) and a casing hanger The introduction to this article provides insufficient context for those unfamiliar with the subject matter.
Please help [ improve the introduction] to meet Wikipedia's layout standards. You can discuss the issue on the talk page. (16). A metal seal body (20) includes fingers (32) and (34) one or more elastomeric seals (38). An upper seal body (64) may include threads for engagement with the metal seal body. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. the method of the invention, an initial elastomeric seal is first formed, and the fluid pressure is applied from above to set the high temperature metal seal.