A lot of crewmen are having problems with the new software upgrade on their A3 Bradleys. For version 7.01 or higher, the software has a new option that allows maintenance personnel to conduct on-board On board usually means to be traveling on some vehicle. For example, Baby On Board. Compare with overboard.
Metaphorically, the term on-board is often used to refer to some piece of technology that is integrated in a moving vehicle, for example:
The problem occurs when mechanics leave the turret in maintenance mode after training or crewmen accidentally access the embedded Inserted into. See embedded system. maintenance trainer (EMT See Efficient markets theory. ) software. When that happens, the turret will not return to COMBAT STATE and will only operate in degraded de·grad·ed
1. Reduced in rank, dignity, or esteem.
2. Having been corrupted or depraved.
3. Having been reduced in quality or value. mode or limited operators. Crewmen won't have full turret operation.
If the turret is left in maintenance mode or a crewman inadvertently selects EMT from the maintenance menu, do not cycle power to clear the fault or to get out of EMT software. Instead, return the turret to COMBAT STATE like this:
1. Move the cursor over the flashing blue banner that reads SELECT HERE TO EXIT TRAINING.
2. When the banner flashes on, press to select it. Note that the banner will flash on for four seconds and off for eight seconds.
3. The next screen you see will include a red bordered pop-up that reads SCENARIO ABORTED a·bort
v. a·bort·ed, a·bort·ing, a·borts
1. To give birth prematurely or before term; miscarry.
2. To cease growth before full development or maturation.
3. , CYCLE POWER. When this screen appears, turn off turret power. This will terminate the scenario and allow the turret to return to COMBAT STATE at the next power cycle.
4. When you power up the turret, the flashing blue banner should be gone. The turret is flow Fully operational.
Editor's note Editor's Note (foaled in 1993 in Kentucky) is an American thoroughbred Stallion racehorse. He was sired by 1992 U.S. Champion 2 YO Colt Forty Niner, who in turn was a son of Champion sire Mr. Prospector and out of the mare, Beware Of The Cat.
Trained by D. : Thanks for the info, Mr. Fulkerson. That'll prevent a lot of headaches for Bradley crewmen!