Societe Generale Project Finance Recognized as Best.
"Our firm has a long history, over fifteen years, in this business developing innovative financing solutions for our clients," said Global Head of Project Finance for SG CIB, Bill Schmid. "We believe that this together with our focus on client service is reflected in the awards we've recently received for our work in 2005."
The Project Finance Group exemplifies SG CIB's global excellence in structured finance and complements the firm's other leading structured finance areas, including export, commodity, asset, media & telecom, real estate and leveraged finance. Structured Finance is one of the firm's core strengths, alongside its Derivatives and Euro Capital Markets franchises.
In addition to being awarded Global Project Finance House of the Year by Project Finance International, SG CIB also was recognized in the following awards.
By Project Finance International * Americas Bank of the Year * Asia-Pacific Bank of the Year * EMEA Gas Deal of the Year - Egypt LNG 2 * EMEA Top 10 Deals of the Year - MOL and Brussels Airport * Americas Infrastructure Deal of the Year - Richmond Airport Rapid Transit * Americas Oil and Gas Deal of the Year - Sabine Pass * Asia-Pacific Power Deal of the Year - Nam Theun II * Asia-Pacific Top 10 Deals of the Year - Wynn Resorts Macau By Project Finance Magazine * North America Infrastructure Deal of the Year - Neptune * North America Transport Deal of the Year - RAV * North America Oil & Gas Deal of the Year - Sabine Pass * EMEA Acquisition financing Deal of the Year - BIAC * EMEA Mining Deal of the Year - Kupol Gold mine * EMEA municipal Finance Deal of the Year -Calle 30 * EMEA Petrochemicals Deal of the Year - Q- Chem 2 and Qatofin * EMEA Oil & Gas Downstream - Ras Gas 2+3 * Asia Pacific Power Deal of the Year - Nam Theun II * Asia Pacific Leisure Deal of the Year - Wynn Macau 2 By Institutional Investor * North American Project Finance Deal of the Year - Neptune By Infrastructure Journal * Global Arranger of the Year * Oil and Gas Financial Adviser of the Year * Oil and Gas Arranger of the Year * Deal of the Year -Calle 30 By The Asset Magazine * Best Project Finance Advisory House in Asia * Best Project Finance Deal in Asia - Nam Theun II By Finance Asia Magazine * Best Project Finance Deal in Asia - Nam Theun II * Country Award for Macau - Wynn Resorts Macau By AsiaMoney Magazine * Best Project Finance Deal in Asia - Nam Theun II * Best Loan Deal in Asia - Wynn Resorts Macau By IFR Asia * Macau Capital Markets Deal of the Year - Wynn Resorts Macau Project Finance Group
Project Finance is part of SG CIB's Debt Finance division. Around the world, SG CIB's Project Finance team offers financial advisory and arranging services to private and public companies. SG CIB has built a solid and diversified project finance franchise spanning Europe, Latin America, Asia/Australia and the Americas and operating in all areas of the industry including the growing infrastructure sector, oil & gas, and power.
SG CIB offers a broad range of products to governments with infrastructure needs and/or budgetary constraints including securitization, corporate finance, project financing, tax based finance and access to capital markets. The firm's commitment to the infrastructure project finance industry is demonstrated through its involvement and financing of I2 - a fund set up jointly with Barclays Capital.
SG CIB also has extensive expertise in the Power sector where it is particularly strong in LNG projects. SG CIB is a leader in the provision of finance and advice to the LNG industry.
Societe Generale Group
Societe Generale is one of the largest financial services groups in the euro-zone. The Group employs 93,000 people worldwide in three key businesses:
* Retail Banking & Financial Services: Societe Generale serves about 19 million individual customers worldwide.
* Global Investment Management & Services: Societe Generale is one of the largest banks in the euro-zone in terms of assets under custody (EUR 1,317 billion, September 2005) and under management (EUR 370 billion, September 2005).
* Corporate & Investment Banking: Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking ranks among the leading banks worldwide in euro capital markets, derivatives and structured finance. Societe Generale is included in the four major socially-responsible investment indexes. http://www.socgen.com/
Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking
Present in over 45 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking is a reference bank specialising in:
* Euro capital markets. A top ten player in debt and equity segments (bonds, securitisations, syndicated loans, equity-linked and equity issues).
* Derivatives. Among the world leaders in equity derivatives and in many interest rate, credit, foreign exchange and commodities derivatives.
* Structured finance. A worldwide leader in export, project and structured commodity finance. Combining innovation and quality of execution, Societe Generale Corporate & Investment Banking provides corporates, financial institutions and investors with value-added integrated financial solutions. http://www.sgcib.com/
First Call Analyst:
CONTACT: Main Project Finance Contacts: Bill Schmid, Global Head of Project Finance, +1-212-278-5750, or Roger Bredder, Head of Project Finance, Americas, +1-212-278-5355 New York, or Ashley Wilkins, Head of Project Finance, Asia, +852-2166-5619 (Hong Kong), or Matthew Vickerstaff, Head of Project Finance, Europe, +33-1-42-14-53-51(Paris); or SOCIETE GENERALE, PRESS RELATIONS, Stephanie Carson-Parker, +1-331-42-14-95-77, email@example.com; or SOCIETE GENERALE CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANKING, Jim Galvin, +1-212-278-7567, firstname.lastname@example.org; or SOCIETE GENERALE, +1-552-120-222 RCS PARIS
Web site: http://www.socgen.com/
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 27, 2006|
|Previous Article:||TechTeam Global Board Will Contest Hedge Fund's Nominees.|
|Next Article:||American Red Cross Looks Back on Hurricane Katrina.|