SmartSignal and General Physics Join Forces to Deliver the Performance Intelligence Needed to Achieve Record Availability and Efficiency.
CHICAGO -- At the 2008 SmartSignal Summit in Chicago, SmartSignal Corporation, a leader in maximizing worldwide industry equipment performance through predictive technologies and General Physics Corporation, a global provider of sales and technical training, e-learning solutions, management consulting Noun 1. management consulting - a service industry that provides advice to those in charge of running a business
service industry - an industry that provides services rather than tangible objects , and engineering services announced today that they have signed an agreement to further enhance business performance for power generation companies by combining the best practices of both organizations.
"We will share equipment mechanical, electrical, efficiency, and thermal cycle performance results between our product lines. These converging lines of evidence will improve a plant's ability to predict, diagnose, and prioritize pri·or·i·tize
v. pri·or·i·tized, pri·or·i·tiz·ing, pri·or·i·tiz·es Usage Problem
To arrange or deal with in order of importance.
v.intr. pending equipment failures in addition to being able to quickly recognize and quantify performance shortfalls. For example, after being notified by SmartSignal of a deficient cooling tower performance incident, GP's EtaPRO[TM] technology will show the impact on condenser condenser
Device for reducing a gas or vapour to a liquid. Condensers are used in power plants to condense exhaust steam from turbines and in refrigeration plants to condense refrigerant vapours, such as ammonia and Freons. pressure, lost generation, and increased fuel cost. General Physics can quantify the financial and performance impact of the incident, as well as verify its presence," said Joe Nasal, Senior VP General Physics.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Jason Makansi, author of "Lights Out" and President of Pearl Street Consulting, "To succeed, every power plant has to eliminate critical equipment failure and improve thermal performance. Recently I did a study of over 20 power plants to understand how they went about doing it. I found the majority were employing SmartSignal to eliminate failure and General Physics to improve thermal performance. While users were satisfied with both products, they were looking for Looking for
In the context of general equities, this describing a buy interest in which a dealer is asked to offer stock, often involving a capital commitment. Antithesis of in touch with. ways to synthesize To create a whole or complete unit from parts or components. See synthesis. the intelligence from both to gain greater insights into their operations."
Mr. Makansi's findings reinforce the feedback that SmartSignal and General Physics have received from their customers. By exchanging results between the General Physics and SmartSignal modeling engines, customers will have the ability to readily compare an asset's relative operating performance against:
* Historical operating behavior through SmartSignal models, and
* Design operating behavior through EtaPRO[TM] and its embedded Inserted into. See embedded system. VirtualPlant[TM] models
This means plant personnel will be able to move back and forth between SmartSignal's early warning of developing problems and General Physics' performance calculations to:
* Verify the existence of an abnormal condition
* Quantify the impact on capacity and heat rate from the developing problem
* More accurately diagnose and prioritize the impending im·pend
intr.v. im·pend·ed, im·pend·ing, im·pends
1. To be about to occur: Her retirement is impending.
* Improve visualization and presentation of EtaPRO and SmartSignal results through a shared SmartSignal WatchList
"We are confident that by combining General Physics' view into thermodynamic ther·mo·dy·nam·ic
1. Characteristic of or resulting from the conversion of heat into other forms of energy.
2. Of or relating to thermodynamics. performance and SmartSignal's view into equipment condition, we will eliminate more equipment failures and operational losses than any alternative. By employing SmartSignal and EtaPRO through the SmartSignal WatchList, power plants will achieve record levels of availability, reliability, and efficiency," commented Jim Gagnard, CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. SmartSignal.
SmartSignal is the leader in maximizing worldwide industry equipment performance. Its advanced early warning intelligence predicts, diagnoses, and prioritizes impending equipment and process problems in time to prevent costly and dangerous failures. Unlike condition monitoring Condition monitoring is the process of monitoring a parameter of condition in machinery, such that a significant change is indicative of a developing failure. It is a major component of predictive maintenance. solutions, SmartSignal uses patented advanced analytics to deliver the most relevant, actionable information available, eliminating failure for tens of thousands of assets in power generation, oil & gas, mining, aviation, pulp & paper and other process industries worldwide. SmartSignal and its clients have won over 20 awards for excellence, including the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award. Visit www.smartsignal.com or call 630-829-4000.
General Physics Corporation, the principal operating subsidiary An operating subsidiary is a business term frequently used within the United States railroad industry. In the case of a railroad, it refers to a company that is a subsidiary but operates with its own identity and rolling stock. of GP Strategies Corporation (NYSE NYSE
See: New York Stock Exchange :GPX GPX - Early system on UNIVAC II. Listed in CACM 2(5):16 (May 1959). ), is a global provider of sales and technical training, e-learning solutions, management consulting, and engineering services. GP's solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting, and business improvement services customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers. Additional information may be found about General Physics Corporation at www.gpworldwide.com.
We make statements in this press release that are considered forward-looking statements forward-looking statement
A projected financial statement based on management expectations. A forward-looking statement involves risks with regard to the accuracy of assumptions underlying the projections. within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These statements reflect our current expectations concerning future events and results. We use words such as "expect," "intend," "believe," "may," "will," "should," "could," "anticipates," and similar expressions to identify forward-looking statements, but their absence does not mean a statement is not forward-looking. These statements are not guarantees of our future performance and are subject to risks, uncertainties, and other important factors that could cause our actual performance or achievements to be materially different from those we project. For a full discussion of these risks, uncertainties, and factors, we encourage you to read our documents on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including those set forth in our periodic reports under the forward-looking statements and risk factors sections. Except as required by law, we do not intend to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.