SmartDBA System Performance for DB2.
BMC (BMC Software, Inc., Houston, TX, www.bmc.com) A leading supplier of software that supports and improves the availability, performance, and recovery of applications in complex computing environments. have announced the integration of mainframe databases into the company's SmartDBA console with the introduction of SmartDBA System Performance for DB2, enabling customers to manage mainframe and distributed enterprise databases including Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server An earlier relational DBMS from Sybase and from Microsoft. Sybase introduced SQL Server in 1988 for various Unix versions. In that same year, with help from IBM, Sybase created an OS/2 version that Microsoft licensed and branded as Microsoft SQL Server. from one Web-based console. New distributed and mainframe data management products include:
* Database Administration for DB2 V2.1 featuring worklist parallelism An overlapping of processing, input/output (I/O) or both.
1. parallelism - parallel processing.
2. (parallel) parallelism - The maximum number of independent subtasks in a given task at a given point in its execution. E.g. , which increases application availability by reducing the execution time required for batch maintenance processes by driving multiple parallel processes within a single subsystem or distributed across multiple systems in a data sharing The ability to share the same data resource with multiple applications or users. It implies that the data are stored in one or more servers in the network and that there is some software locking mechanism that prevents the same set of data from being changed by two people at the same time. environment. Workloads can be dynamically distributed across these systems, allowing for workload balancing and allowing customers to take advantage of under-utilised systems
* Database Administration for DB2 v2.2 breaks the 32K size barrier for managing large binary objects (LOBs), making it easier to manage applications containing large objects, such as videos or pictures, that are often impossible to manage because of their data size. and type. Available in January 2004, this solution treats LOBs as any other DB2 object, automating change and migration processes that previously required special application programs. Users may now migrate application structures across DB2 subsystems automatically, including LOBs larger than 32K.
* Application Performance for DB2 V2.1 provides a number of improvements in performance and usability for the DB2 environment including improved efficiency in collecting DB2 performance data.
* SmartDBA Performance Solution for DB2 UDB (DB2 Universal DataBase) An enhanced and very popular version of DB2 that combines relational and object database technology as well as various query optimization techniques for parallel processing. , V2.6 is a Web-based solution for DBAs to detect, diagnose and correct database performance issues. Featuring database administration, database monitoring, SQL SQL
in full Structured Query Language.
Computer programming language used for retrieving records or parts of records in databases and performing various calculations before displaying the results. tuning and space management facilities, SmartDBA for DB2 UDD UDD Union for Democracy and Development (Mali)
UDD Uniform Distribution of Deaths (actuarial models)
UDD Unconstrained Delay Data
UDD Urine Diversion Dehydration (toilet) provides DBAs with the functionality needed to manage DB2 UDB database environments.. This latest version now features support for DB2 UDB 64-bit environments, integration with IBUs Online Reorganisation utility and improved administration capabilities including extended database search functionality and fonnatting and colour coding of SQL text.