Skills Required in Website Design and Graphic Design
Web designing and graphic designing are two different genres. While graphic design for print, web design is the design for the web. Many people think graphic design and web design as one and the same thing. The fact that the designer is good at one does not mean he'll be good for other too.
Graphic designing is used to create corporate logos, advertising and product packaging. It is also used in web design. So, when the graphic design is used in web design, does this make these two the same? The answer is NO. There are different skills required by a web designer and graphic designer. While some skills may be common, others are specific to each profession.
Let us discuss the skills sets of Graphic Designer and Web Designer:
Skills required in website design:
Skills of Website Designer are as follows:
1. HTML: For Beginners HTML (Hyper Text Mark-up Language) is the starting point for web design. It is the basic and fundamental skill that is used to create web pages. HTML uses tags to open and close a passage of text.
2. CSS: Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is another fundamental skill in web design to convert HTML codes into formatted web pages. It has to do with the appearance and format of each web page with respect to color, text, fonts, borders, etc.
4. SEO: A web designer must ensure that the site is search engine friendly. You must understand the basics of search engine optimization and integration of their design features so as to help the website in gaining more visibility on the Internet.
Skills Required by Graphic Designer:
Just like website designer, graphic designer too requires a different set of skills. Some of these skills are:
1. Sketching/Drawing- This is the basic skill that the graphic designers should possess to get their ideas on paper. The designer can also learn a variety of software to improve its ability to delineate.
2. Typography: Typography is the art of type design and requires a good understanding of font families, with the use of line-height, kerning and tracking. A graphic designer should know the difference between the families and styles and how best to use.
3. Print Design & Layout: An understanding of Print Layout and design is a prerequisite for a graphic designer. The use of design programs such as Adobe InDesign and Quark is necessary. The designer must have a detailed knowledge of the printing process to understand the use of the color space.
4. Photography: This photography is a skill that can enhance the designer's ability to impress his clients. Using a digital camera, the designer could illuminate the subject. This is an add-on skill.
These were some fundamental skills that are required by
website designers and Graphic designers. Both are different from each other. There might be some similarities between them; however these both are different genres requiring different set of skills.
9GWeb is Web Design Development Company of India which deals in web development, web design, SEO, application development services across world.