Six associations reach the summit.The Associations Advance America Committee has selected six associations from this year's 29 Award of Excellence winners to receive the Summit Award. The award, ASAE's highest association honor, is given to associations that implement innovative community-based programs in areas such as public education and information, civic and community volunteerism vol·un·teer·ism
Use of or reliance on volunteers, especially to perform social or educational work in communities.
volunteerism , and citizenship and democracy enhancement. Awards will be presented at the Fifth Annual Summit Awards Dinner, October 5, 2004, at the National Building Museum, Washington, D.C. The honorees are the
* American Institute of Certified Public Accountants With over 330,525 CPA members (in August 2006), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) is the largest professional organization of Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) in the United States of America. , New York City New York City: see New York, city.
New York City
City (pop., 2000: 8,008,278), southeastern New York, at the mouth of the Hudson River. The largest city in the U.S. ;
* American Podiatric Medical Association, Bethesda, Maryland Bethesda is an urbanized, but unincorporated, area in southern Montgomery County, Maryland, just Northwest of Washington, D.C. It takes its name from a church located there, the Bethesda Presbyterian Church, built in 1820 and rebuilt in 1850, which in turn took its name from ;
* American Trucking Associations, Alexandria, Virginia Alexandria is an independent city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 128,284. Located along the Western bank of the Potomac River, Alexandria is approximately 6 miles (9.6 kilometers) south of downtown Washington, DC. ;
* Association of Air Medical Services, Alexandria, Virginia;
* Ohio Restaurant Association, Columbus; and
* SCORE Association, Washington, D.C.
For more information on the Associations Advance America and Summit awards, visit www.asaenet.org/aaaawards.