Signing of the microfinance investment and technical assistance facility (Mitaf) project document Amendmemnt.Summary: Since 2003, the Government of Sierra Leone Sierra Leone (sēĕr`ə lēō`nē, lēōn`; sēr`ə lēōn), officially Republic of Sierra Leone, republic (2005 est. pop. 6,018,000), 27,699 sq mi (71,740 sq km), W Africa. is cooperating with KfW, UNDP UNDP United Nations Development Programme
UNDP Unión Nacional para la Democracia y el Progreso (National Union for Democracy and Progress) , UNCDF UNCDF United Nations Capital Development Fund and Cordaid in a 5-year programme on C[pounds sterling]Developing a Sustainable Pro-Poor Financial Sector in Sierra LeoneC[yen]. The programme is implemented by the Microfinance Investment and Technical Assistance Facility (MITAF). Its overarching o·ver·arch·ing
1. Forming an arch overhead or above: overarching branches.
2. Extending over or throughout: "I am not sure whether the missing ingredient . . . objective is to increase sustainable access to financial services The examples and perspective in this article or section may not represent a worldwide view of the subject.
Please [ improve this article] or discuss the issue on the talk page. for poor and low-income people in Sierra Leone.
Signing of the microfinance investment and technical assistance facility (Mitaf) project document Amendmemnt
Since 2003, the Government of Sierra Leone is cooperating with KfW, UNDP, UNCDF and Cordaid in a 5-year programme on C[pounds sterling]Developing a Sustainable Pro-Poor Financial Sector in Sierra LeoneC[yen]. The programme is implemented by the Microfinance Investment and Technical Assistance Facility (MITAF). Its overarching objective is to increase sustainable access to financial services for poor and low-income people in Sierra Leone.
The program focuses on the following four outputs:
- Potential leaders of the microfinance industry have reached sustainability and have considerably increased their outreach Outreach is an effort by an organization or group to connect its ideas or practices to the efforts of other organizations, groups, specific audiences or the general public. ;- Strategic partnerships are built with other donors in joint support of a sustainable pro-poor financial sector;- A professional microfinance unit has been established in the Bank of Sierra Leone (BoSL) to ensure an optimal enabling environment for the development of the microfinance industry and its eventual integration into the financial system; and- Sound microfinance principles have been disseminated disseminated /dis·sem·i·nat·ed/ (-sem´i-nat?ed) scattered; distributed over a considerable area.
Spread over a large area of a body, a tissue, or an organ. and are widely accepted and adopted.
Until the end of March 2008, the following main results have been achieved:
- An increase in microfinance loan clients from 21,473 to 60,491;- Increased geographic outreach;- Improved staff capacity;- Enhanced access to grants/credit;- Access to relevant technology;- Establishment of new MFIs and increased professional management of their operations;
Despite the progress made, much more support is needed for the development of a prop-poor financial sector. To facilitate these efforts, the Government of Sierra Leone, KfW, UNCDF, UNDP and CORDAID signed an amendment to the Project Document related to this programme on Monday, July 14 2008 at the Bank of Sierra Leone in the GovernorCOs office. The Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany, Rolf Saligmann, signed on behalf of KfW, Mr. Bernard Mokam, UNDP Country Director, signed on behalf of UNDP and UNCDF and the Finance Secretary of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development signed on behalf of the Government of Sierra Leone.
The amended a·mend
v. a·mend·ed, a·mend·ing, a·mends
1. To change for the better; improve: amended the earlier proposal so as to make it more comprehensive.
2. Project Document will be the basis for additional funds provided to the project by different donors. It includes a special focus on increasing outreach to rural areas by introducing innovative rural finance schemes as well as a reorganization of the MITAF structure. It will also facilitate the provision of additional funds for a variety of new project activities, such as the establishment of the Sierra Leonean Microfinance Association.A[umlaut umlaut (m`lout) [Ger.,=transformed sound], in inflection, variation of vowels of the type of English man to men. ] 2008 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
A[umlaut] 2008 Al Bawaba (Albawaba.com)
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company