Sigma-tau HealthScience, Inc.
800 South Frederick Ave., Suite 103
Gaithersburg, MD 28077
Tel: 301-948-5450; 877-246-7468 (Toll-free)
Ken Hassen, General Manager
Lucia Callari, Marketing
Jon Szuch, Sales
Pam Andrews, Customer Service
Sigma-tau HealthScience, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the pharmaceutical group Sigma-tau (Italy). Sigma-tau HealthScience, Inc. combines Sigma-tau's scientific expertise with Biosint's experience and leadership in Carnitine carnitine /car·ni·tine/ (kahr´ni-ten) a betaine derivative involved in the transport of fatty acids into mitochondria, where they are metabolized.
n. manufacturing. The company markets and supplies L-Carnitine products and educates both industry professionals and consumers on functional and metabolic met·a·bol·ic
Of, relating to, or resulting from metabolism.
Refers to the chemical processes of an organ or organism. ingredients providing specific health benefits. L-Carnitine products by sigma-tau HealthScience are the result of 30 years of research by Sigma-tau into the role that Carnitine plays in cellular metabolism metabolism, sum of all biochemical processes involved in life. Two subcategories of metabolism are anabolism, the building up of complex organic molecules from simpler precursors, and catabolism, the breakdown of complex substances into simpler molecules, often . The world leader in Carnitine research, production and sales, Sigma-tau has conducted more than 1,000 clinical studies on Carnitine and has access to more than 11,600 papers on Carnitine generated by its network of internationally recognized experts in the field.
Technology, Patents, New Products:
* NNfA GMPs certification (2000) first raw material supplier to be awarded the certification!
* ISO (1) See ISO speed.
(2) (International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland, www.iso.ch) An organization that sets international standards, founded in 1946. The U.S. member body is ANSI. 9002
* L-Carnitine Fumarate fumarate /fu·ma·rate/ (fu´mah-rat) a salt of fumaric acid.
a salt of fumaric acid. (U.S. patent 4,602,039)
* DuraCarn' (U.S. patent pending)
* Acetyl-L-Carnitine Galactarate (U.S. 5,952,379)
* CarniShield[TM] B94 (U.S. 6,485,741)
* CarniShield[TM] F53 (U.S. 6,485,741))
* L-Carnitine/CoQ10 in combination formula (U.S. patent # 4,599,232)
Our portfolio is complemented by the ownership, through Sigma-tau SpA (Italy), of more than 155 patents surrounding L-Carnitine applications
* Nutritional Supplements Nutritional Supplements Definition
Nutritional supplements include vitamins, minerals, herbs, meal supplements, sports nutrition products, natural food supplements, and other related products used to boost the nutritional content of the diet.
* Infant Formulas Infant formula is an artificial substitute for human breast milk. Formulas are designed for infant consumption, and are usually based on either cow milk or soy milk. Use of infant formula has been decreasing in industrial countries for over forty years as a result of antenatal
* Functional Beverages
* Functional Foods
* Animal / Feed Supplement
* DuraCarn TM
* L-carnitine Fumarate
* Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl
* Acetyl-L-Carnitine Galactarate
* CarniShield' B94
* L-carnitine Base USP USP - unique sales point , FCC (1) (Federal Communications Commission, Washington, DC, www.fcc.gov) The U.S. government agency that regulates interstate and international communications including wire, cable, radio, TV and satellite. The FCC was created under the U.S. , EU
v. spe·cial·ized, spe·cial·iz·ing, spe·cial·iz·es
1. To pursue a special activity, occupation, or field of study.
Carnitine products by sigma-tau HealthScience, Inc. offer the widest selection of Carnitine products in the market. Each product offers distinctive benefits in the areas of formulation, blending, content uniformity and shelf-life.
Our service combines Scientific Research, Manufacturing Expertise and Industry Educational Programs.
Via Pontina km 30,400
00040 Pomezia, Roma (Italy)
Sigma-tau HealthScience, SpA
Via Treviso, 4
00040 Pomezia, Roma (Italy)
Marketing and supplying L-Carnitine products outside the Americas.