Should I Date My Neighbor?Jason just moved to his new home two months ago. He is still ecstatic about getting his new home in the neighborhood he always wanted to live in. He's a marketing executive with his company and has worked for them for over five years. Jason has met most of his neighbors and they all seem very friendly and easy to get along with. There is one neighbor that lives across the street that he has not met. But, he is anxious to do so, because he noticed that this neighbor is very attractive and seems to be someone he would like to know better. He's seen his attractive neighbor at least three times from a distance and definitely likes what he sees.
Jason would like to meet his attractive neighbor, but, he wants to make sure he makes a good first impression. He wants to literally make his neighbor like him from the very start. He's been working on how he should approach her or maybe he thought he shouldn't approach her at all. He's really not sure. He knows if he doesn't impress his neighbor that he is interesting, he'll have to deal with seeing her across the street from his home. Jason faces a dilemma on what he should do. Should he consider asking his neighbor out? Maybe, Jason could consider doing the following:
1) Go for it Jason! You'll never know if your neighbor will like you well enough to go on a date if you don't ask her out. Just make sure you don't seem overly anxious when you approach your neighbor. Don't embarrass yourself!
2) Maybe consider introducing yourself to your neighbor first, and then consider at a latter time when you have had the opportunity to assess your neighbor, you can determine whether or not you really want go out. You may find from your initial conversation with your neighbor that she may look good but you really don't seem to have anything in common!
3) Consider volunteering to do something around your neighbor's home to get the opportunity to find out whether or not the person may be someone you want to go on a date with. You'd be amazed at how much information you may get about this person on that particular occasion. You get a chance to test the waters so to speak.
4) You may want to consider not dating your neighbor at all. You would probably alleviate possible future problems down the line if dating your neighbor just doesn't work out.
5) Consider giving yourself more time to settle into your home before you approach your neighbor about going on a date. This will give you time to assess the situation for a period of time to find out if this is really what you want and should do.
So, Jason may want to think real hard about asking his neighbor out on a date. He may want to introduce himself first to his neighbor and take his time before he takes that leap to ask his neighbor on a date. He'll be glad he did in the long run! As a matter of fact, anyone thinking about dating they're neighbor, may want to consider these same things that Jason is also thinking about.
Nocita Carter is a writer and web designer that creates websites providing informative tips on various subject matter including personal finance tips on your personal finances at http://www.personal-finance-tips-for-you.com & dating tips at http://www.mydating-tips.com