Seize the opportunity for a serendipitous alliance.When a Rhode Island-based board member of the National Perinatal Association, Tampa, Florida “Tampa” redirects here. For other uses, see Tampa (disambiguation).
Tampa is a United States city in Hillsborough County, on the west coast of Florida. It serves as the county seat for Hillsborough County.GR6. , offered to look into partnership opportunities for NPA's annual clinical conference, slated in November 1998 for his home city, then executive director Julie Leachman was all encouragement.
Before she knew it, Leachman was put in touch with The Providence Journal Company to talk about coordinating the conference with the New England New England, name applied to the region comprising six states of the NE United States—Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. The region is thought to have been so named by Capt. Health Expo '98, an event that opened the day before NPA's preconference workshops. Because of the serendipitous ser·en·dip·i·ty
n. pl. ser·en·dip·i·ties
1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.
2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries.
3. An instance of making such a discovery. timing of the two events - and the compatible nature of their goals - the partnership between NPA (1) (Numbering Plan Area) The Bellcore/Telcordia telephone area code system in use in the U.S., Canada, Alaska, Hawaii and islands in the Caribbean. See NPA code.
(2) (Network Professional Association, San Diego, CA, www.npanet. and The Providence Journal benefited both organizations. NPA mailed Health Expo brochures (and details about the newspaper's advertising opportunities) along with its conference materials, and The Providence Journal - which provided a $10,000 educational grant in support of the conference - also sent NPA conference brochures to its mailing list An automated e-mail system on the Internet, which is maintained by subject matter. There are thousands of such lists that reach millions of individuals and businesses. New users generally subscribe by sending an e-mail with the word "subscribe" in it and subsequently receive all new of physicians in the New England area.
Leachman, who retired in December, and successor Judith D. Burke agree that the partnership served one of the association's main goals: to expand to other geographic areas an awareness of what NPA - an organization of multidisciplinary professionals working together to improve health care outcomes of mothers and babies - does. And Burke is already thinking ahead to NPA's next conference, scheduled for Milwaukee in October 1999.
While the Rhode Island Rhode Island, island, United States
Rhode Island, island, 15 mi (24 km) long and 5 mi (8 km) wide, S R.I., at the entrance to Narragansett Bay. It is the largest island in the state, with steep cliffs and excellent beaches. experience can't be duplicated, she has this to say about partnerships:
* Don't overlook the obvious. Be sure to tap the network of board members and volunteers to locate partnering opportunities.
* Keep the partnership as simple as possible by identifying mutual goals and making it clear from the outset that the partnership will not influence in any way program content or subject matter.
* Look for collaborations that are truly business ventures - not charitable contributions. That better defines the goals and priorities of the participants.
* When choosing event venues, seek out opportunities to tie in with local promotions and events.
The National Perinatal Association has a staff of 3 1/2 and an annual operating budget Noun 1. operating budget - a budget for current expenses as distinct from financial transactions or permanent improvements
budget items, operating cost, operating expense, overhead - the expense of maintaining property (e.g. of $308,000. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.