Scientists invent robot that exhibits swine flu symptoms.Byline: ANI
Washington, October 24 (ANI): Scientists in Japan have created a new robot that sweats, moans, and exhibits symptoms of the H1N1 swine flu swine flu
A highly contagious form of human influenza caused by a filterable virus identical or related to a virus formerly isolated from infected swine. virus, in order to help train health care workers.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. a report in National Geographic News, the life-sized humanoid was unveiled on October 22 at the Security and Safety Trade Expo, in Tokyo.
It exhibits symptoms of the H1N1 flu virus, and is designed to help health care workers diagnose and treat swine flu.
The robot is coated in a human-like skin.
With its animatronics an·i·ma·tron·ics
n. (used with a sing. verb)
The technology employing electronics to animate motorized puppets.
[anima(tion) + (elec)tronics. , it sweats, moans, cries and convulses just like a human would when infected in·fect
tr.v. in·fect·ed, in·fect·ing, in·fects
1. To contaminate with a pathogenic microorganism or agent.
2. To communicate a pathogen or disease to.
3. To invade and produce infection in. with the H1N1 virus.
If the robot is not treated properly, the symptoms gradually get worse and the robot stops breathing and dies.
While patient simulator robots are not new, this one may be the first designed to exhibit symptoms for just one disease.
The robot was one exhibit among many others at the show aimed to either help prevent or aid treatment of the H1N1 flu. (ANI)
Copyright 2009 Asian News International The Asian News International (ANI) agency provides multimedia news to China and 50 bureaus in India. It covers virtually all of South Asia since its foundation and presently claims, on its official website, to be the leading South Asia-wide news agency. (ANI) - All Rights Reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company