Scania to Deliver 91 Trucks to the Finnish Defence Forces.
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. a recently concluded purchasing agreement, Scania (STO:SCVA SCVA Southern California Volleyball Association
SCVA Southern California Vocal Association
SCVA Salem Convention and Visitors Association (Salem, Oregon)
SCVA Sainsbury Centre for the Visual Arts (UK) )(STO:SCVB SCVB Spin-Coupled Valence Bond
SCVB Sarasota Convention and Visitors Bureau ) has been commissioned to supply 91 trucks to the Finnish Defence Forces The Finnish Defence Forces (Finnish: Puolustusvoimat; Swedish: Försvarsmakten) is the armed force of Finland, encompassing an army, a navy, and an air force. during 2009 and 2010. The deal also includes a five-year repair and maintenance agreement and an option for another 197 vehicles within a 4-year period.
During 2008, Scania won several orders from the Finnish Defence Forces: 21 all-wheel-drive off-road trucks in July and earlier in the year an order from the Finnish Border Guard The Border Guard (Finnish: Rajavartiolaitos, Swedish: Gränsbevakningsväsendet) of Finland is the Finnish security authority responsible for the border security. for 26 engines powering 13 new patrol boats.
Scania has supplied around 200 trucks to the Finnish Defence Forces during the past 10 years and Scania's Finnish subsidiary, Oy Scan-Auto Ab, recently signed a deal for a six-year repair and maintenance agreement covering vehicles already delivered.
"Scania's ability to supply special-purpose trucks for demanding transport tasks directly from the factory has been an advantage, and naturally so has the quality and performance of the trucks," says Markku Lipsonen, Managing Director of Oy Scan-Auto Ab. "Combined with our comprehensive network of professional service workshops and the availability of repair and maintenance agreements, these have been decisive factors for the choice of Scania ."
Technical vehicle data
The vehicles on order form part of Scania's modular product range and are to be supplied ready-for use, including bodywork bodywork /body·work/ (-wurk?) a general term for therapeutic methods that center on the body for the promotion of physical health and emotional and spiritual well-being, including massage, various systems of touch and manipulation, . Some adaptations have been made to make these standard vehicles suitable for their intended use.
All vehicles comply with the Euro 5 emission standard Emission standards are requirements that set specific limits to the amount of pollutants that can be released into the environment. Many emission standards focus on regulating pollutants released by automobiles (motor cars) and other powered vehicles but they can also regulate , which enters into force within the European Union European Union (EU), name given since the ratification (Nov., 1993) of the Treaty of European Union, or Maastricht Treaty, to the
European Community on 1 October 2009.
- 13 two-axle Scania P 400 4x2 trucks with the Scania CrewCab, a cab with seating for 6 persons. The engine is a 13-litre inline six producing 400 hp and 2100 Nm. Featuring high leaf-suspended chassis with fixed platforms, the vehicles will be used for driving school purposes with dual controls. Since 2007 more than 40 vehicles with the Scania CrewCab have been ordered by the Finnish national defence and several of them will be used for driver training.
- 25 three-axle Scania G 480 6x2 trucks with Scania's high forward-control G-series sleeper Sleeper
Stock in which there is little investor interest but that has significant potential to gain in price once its attractions are recognized. Antithesis of high flyer. cab. The engine is a 13-litre inline six producing 480 hp and 2500 Nm. Built on high leaf-suspended chassis and equipped with hooklifts, the vehicles will be used for driving school purposes with dual controls.
- 16 three-axle Scania G 480 6x4 tandem-drive trucks with Scania's high forward-control G-series sleeper cab. The engine is a 13-litre inline six producing 480 hp and 2500 Nm. With high heavy-duty chassis, leaf-spring suspension and hooklifts, the vehicles are intended for equipment transport.
- 37 four-axle Scania G 480 8x4 tandem-drive trucks with Scania's high forward-control G-series sleeper cab. The engine is a 13-litre inline six producing 480 hp and 2500 Nm. With high heavy-duty chassis, leaf-spring suspension and hooklifts, the vehicles are intended for equipment transport.
In addition to these 97 trucks, the agreement comprises an option for another 197 vehicles. Furthermore, in July 2008 the Finnish Defence Forces ordered 21 Scania G 420 8x8 all-wheel-drive off-road vehicles with the same type of repair and maintenance agreements, as well as training.
Scania is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks and buses for heavy transport applications, and of industrial and marine engines. A growing proportion of the company's operations consists of products and services in the financial and service sectors, assuring Scania customers of cost-effective transport solutions and maximum uptime. Employing 35,000 people, Scania operates in about 100 countries. Research and development activities are concentrated in Sweden, while production takes place in Europe and South America South America, fourth largest continent (1991 est. pop. 299,150,000), c.6,880,000 sq mi (17,819,000 sq km), the southern of the two continents of the Western Hemisphere. , with facilities for global interchange of both components and complete vehicles. In 2007, invoiced sales totalled SEK SEK
In currencies, this is the abbreviation for the Swedish Krona.
The currency market, also known as the Foreign Exchange market, is the largest financial market in the world, with a daily average volume of over US $1 trillion. 84.5 billion and net income amounted to SEK 8.6 billion.
Scania press releases are available at www.scania.com
This information was brought to you by Cision http://www.cisionwire.com
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 16, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Research and Markets: Chinese Markets for Antioxidants Report Features Long-Term Forecasts Through 2012 and 2017.|
|Next Article:||Research and Markets: CIENA Corporation and the U.S. Telephone Apparatus Manufacturing Industry Provides a Breadth of Information on the Company.|