SOA Software Delivers Comprehensive SOA Infrastructure For IBM WebSphere.Workbench and Service Manager Ensure Governance, Interoperability, Security, and Reliability of WebSphere Web Services (1) Loosely, any online service delivered over the Web. Such usage appears in articles from non-technical sources, but not in IT-oriented publications, because definition #2 below describes the correct use of the term.
LOS ANGELES Los Angeles (lôs ăn`jələs, lŏs, ăn`jəlēz'), city (1990 pop. 3,485,398), seat of Los Angeles co., S Calif.; inc. 1850. -- SOA Software SOA Software is a provider of enterprise class SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) security, management, and governance solutions. The company was originally called Digital Evolution, and has taken over a number of specialist SOA vendors. , the leading provider of comprehensive SOA (1) (Start Of Authority) The first record in a DNS zone file. See DNS records.
(2) (Service Oriented Architecture) The modularization of business functions for greater flexibility and reusability. and Web services governance, management, security, and mediation solutions, announced the availability of a comprehensive SOA infrastructure solution for IBM (International Business Machines Corporation, Armonk, NY, www.ibm.com) The world's largest computer company. IBM's product lines include the S/390 mainframes (zSeries), AS/400 midrange business systems (iSeries), RS/6000 workstations and servers (pSeries), Intel-based servers (xSeries) WebSphere. The company now delivers Service Manager[TM] agents and delegates for WebSphere Application Server (WAS) and WebSphere Business Integration Message Broker (WBI (WeB Intermediaries) A technology from IBM that provides a framework for intermediate processing between the user's browser and the Web server. WBI provides a middleware standard that can be used for password and privacy management, for transcoding from one format to ). This ensures that applications created using WBI and applications deployed in WAS can enforce and implement security, reliability, and interoperability policies as part of a comprehensive governance solution. SOA Software's SOLA product adds the ability for WebSphere applications to consume mainframe transactions as Web services.
SOA Software's products that integrate with WebSphere include the award winning Service Manager[TM] and Workbench[TM]. Service Manager ensures the security, reliability, performance and interoperability of WebSphere applications. Workbench governs WebSphere services, managing their lifecycle and ensuring that they are appropriate, approved and comply with policies. The agents and delegates for WAS and WBI extend the infrastructure solution to provide first-mile and last-mile security, management, and interoperability capabilities to WAS and WBI applications.
Customers using WAS and WBI can now use SOA Software's Service Manager to monitor performance, reliability and service levels for their applications. They can define security policies for authentication, authorization, privacy, non-repudiation and auditing without altering the deployed application. Furthermore, WBI process designers can connect to external Web services without worrying about how they will comply with the policies the service will enforce, allowing SOA Software's delegate to handle location, transport and policy abstraction. A typical use-case for this solution could be a Microsoft Office Microsoft's primary desktop applications for Windows and Mac. Depending on the package, it includes some combination of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook along with various Internet and other utilities. Excel application consuming a WBI provided Web service using Microsoft's Kerberos authentication model. SOA Software's agent can authenticate the user using the Microsoft Kerberos model and generate a SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) An XML-based format from OASIS for exchanging security information for single sign-on. The "assertions" are statements from a SAML authority that authenticate a user, confirm some attribute about the individual and grant or assertion that the delegate can use for downstream Web service interactions, thus maintaining the trust chain.
Workbench provides customers with an SOA governance Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) governance is a concept used for activities related to exercising control over services in a SOA. SOA governance can be seen as an overlay on IT governance, but its focus is more organizational, since services are closely related to business activities. platform including a registry/repository solution supporting UDDIv3, REST and WS-MEX. It provides:
* Workflow for service publication, approvals and contract provisioning
* Active contracts to enforce contractual relationships between consumers and providers
* Compliance verification to ensure that services comply with design and run-time policies
* Closed-loop auditing to ensure that run-time policies are enforced through an audit process
* Contextual collaboration to provide a social network for SOA with message boards and a folksonomy-based tagging model
WebSphere customers using Workbench and Service Manager together can define and govern run-time policies in Workbench that are automatically enforced in WebSphere by Service Manager. Service Manager will generate policy compliance manifests that Workbench uses to provide a audit trail to ensure that the defined policies are enforced at run-time.
"Organizations using WebSphere to build applications in an SOA will use Service Manager to ensure the security, reliability, interoperability and performance of their services," said Roberto Medrano, executive vice president of SOA Software. "Adding Workbench to the mix, IBM customers will take big strides towards a governed, value generating SOA."
The agents and delegates for WAS and WBI are available today.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is the leading provider of comprehensive enterprise-class SOA management, security, and governance solutions. SOA Software's products include the award winning Service Manager[TM], Workbench[TM], and SOLA[TM]. Service Manager provides a high-performance, scalable SOA Management and security solution. Workbench provides a comprehensive closed-loop SOA governance solution. And SOLA is the only production proven mainframe Web services solution for CICS programmers. These enterprise-class products combine to create the only complete SOA Infrastructure solution available today. SOA Software is a privately held company privately held company
A firm whose shares are held within a relatively small circle of owners and are not traded publicly. backed by leading investors including Draper Fisher Jurvetson Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ) is a venture capital firm based in Menlo Park, California with affiliate offices in more than 30 cities around the world and over $4.5 billion in capital commitments. , Redpoint, Mellon Ventures, Palisades Palisades, cliffs along the west bank of the Hudson River, NE N.J. and SE N.Y., extending from N of Jersey City, N.J., to the vicinity of Piermont, N.Y., with a general altitude of from 350 ft to 550 ft (107–168 m). Ventures Fund and Paladin Paladin
archetypal gunman who leaves a calling card. [TV: Have Gun, Will Travel in Terrace, I, 341]
See : Wild West Capital Group. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
SOA Software, Service Manager, Workbench, SOLA and Network Director are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc. All other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.