SCM Group buys majority of Delmac.RIMINI, ITALY -- SCM (1) (Software Configuration Management, Source Code Management) See configuration management.
(2) See supply chain management. Group SpA announced on Oct. 20 that it has acquired the majority shareholding of Delmac SpA of Thiene, Italy, one of SCM's major competitors.
Anbrogio Delachi, president of Delmac, and Alfredo Alurelli, managing director of SCM Group, issued a joint statement about the transaction. According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. the statement, "Thanks to this agreement, the SCM Group will considerably strengthen its position as one of the prime leaders of the world's woodworking machinery sector and therefore they will also acquire significant knowledge, both to complete its machinery capabilities in terms of solid wood processing Wood processing is an engineering discipline comprising the production of forest products, such as pulp and paper, construction materials, and tall oil. Paper engineering is a subfield of wood processing. Many countries, notably Sweden also produce tar from pine trees. technologies and to further develop some additional panel processing technologies.
"On the other hand, Delmac, by benefitting from the industrial and financial solidity so·lid·i·ty
1. The condition or property of being solid.
2. Soundness of mind, moral character, or finances.
Noun 1. of the SCM Group, will have the resources to further advance its vast technological assets, which over the course of years, has made the company an absolute point of reference in engineering and creating panel processing integrated lines for Leading furniture manufacturers."
A follow-up press release noted, "The U.S. distribution channels of each respective company will remain intact and parts and service for their respective brands will continue without interruption."
SCM operates out of Duluth, GA, and Delmac has a United States United States, officially United States of America, republic (2005 est. pop. 295,734,000), 3,539,227 sq mi (9,166,598 sq km), North America. The United States is the world's third largest country in population and the fourth largest country in area. headquarters in Greensboro, NC.