Roxio Launches Toast 8 Titanium at Macworld Expo.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Roxio([R]), a division of Sonic Solutions([R]) (NASDAQ: SNIC), the leader in digital media software, today launched Toast([R]) 8 Titanium, a significant upgrade to its industry-leading Mac disc burning software. Continuing to enhance and extend the functionality of the Mac OS and iLife applications, Toast 8 offers a range of new innovative features and ground-breaking platform firsts that enable users to see, hear, copy, and enjoy their entire digital lives on a disc and on-the-go. Toast 8 is available today at www.roxio.com and at Macworld Expo booth #314.
Headlining Toast 8 are a number of unique new features and enhancements that help redefine the standard for disc burning on the Mac platform. Toast 8 brings TiVo([R]) and the Mac together for the first time, enabling users to enjoy their favorite TV programs on their Mac, burn them to disc, or easily convert them for viewing on a mobile device such as an iPod([R]) or PSP[TM]. Complementing the features of iTunes, Toast 8 enables users to apply professional-quality tools to create superior sounding audio CD mixes and music DVDs. Going beyond the burning options included in Mac OS, Toast 8 introduces Blu-ray Disc burning, as well as automatic disc cataloging, cross-platform data spanning, and disc restoration.
"Toast revolutionized disc burning on the Mac, so it was the natural choice to help us bring TiVo to the platform," said Jim Denney, vice president, product marketing at TiVo. "Now, our two companies are taking that empowerment to the next level by extending TiVo's exclusive TiVoToGo feature to Mac users, giving them the ability to enjoy their favorite entertainment on the Mac, on DVD, and on-the-go."
Toast 8 offers a familiar, yet streamlined user interface that offers intuitive visual feedback and a readily accessible media browser, which takes the efficiency of "drag, drop, and burn" to new heights. Users can now complete their projects faster and easier, while experiencing a richer and more engaging workflow.
"Toast's success is based on its unique ability to make both everyday and specialized tasks trivially easy to accomplish," said Vito Salvaggio, vice president, product management for Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions. "Toast 8 continues this tradition and once again pushes the disc burning boundaries with exclusive features such as TiVoToGo and Blu-ray Disc support that will appeal to both new and existing customers."
Toast 8 Highlights:
* TV & Toast: Mac users can now enjoy their favorite TV shows on disc and on-the-go with Toast's exclusive support for digital video recorders, including TiVo and EyeTV. This support allows users to watch recorded shows on their Mac, burn them to DVD or DivX discs, or convert them for enjoyment on a portable player such as an iPod or PSP.
* Photo Discs: Toast 8 now makes it easy to share favorite photos with friends and family with the new Toast Photo Disc feature. Toast Photo Discs store thousands of full-resolution pictures as well as an auto-run slideshow. Discs can be played on a Windows PC or a Mac, or used in photo-finishing kiosks.
* Personalized Labels and Covers: Toast provides new ways to personalize your discs with labels, cover art, and inserts. Featuring full drawing and text editing tools, as well as over 600 clip art images and Google image search. Toast also supports LightScribe drives and media to allow users to burn artwork and labels directly on discs.
* Superior Sounding Discs: For the best listening and playback experience, Toast 8 provides DJ-style crossfades, volume normalization tools, sound enhancing plug-ins, track trimming capabilities, and other features previously found in Roxio's Jam[TM] software. In addition to great sounding audio CDs, users can create 50-hour music DVDs complete with on-screen menus, shuffle play, and Dolby Digital sound.
* Music Rediscovery: Toast 8 lets consumers rediscover their analog music collections with the new CD Spin Doctor Assistant. This assistant guides users every step of the way, from setting up the equipment all the way through burning a disc or converting tracks for enjoyment on portable devices.
* Disc Recovery: Consumers can recover data from scratched or damaged discs that may be unreadable in the Mac OS Finder. Now with Toast 8's Disc Recovery tools, users can gracefully recover from read errors encountered during disc copying and recover some files from damaged discs to create new clean copies of the previously unreadable disc.
* Back-up and Convert DVDs: Users can backup an entire 9 GB DVD to a standard 4.7 GB DVD disc. Fit-to-DVD([TM]) compression uses all available disc space to maximize video quality. Toast also features Director's Cut custom compilations, so users can select the specific video, audio, and languages they wish to record or convert individual video files for use on a portable video player.
* Blu-ray Disc Recording: Only Toast brings Blu-ray Disc burning to the Mac platform, enabling users to store as many as 12,500 music tracks, 50,000 photos, or up to four hours of high-definition video on a single 50 GB Blu-ray Disc. Toast's Dynamic Writing feature allows consumers to use a Blu-ray Disc recorder like a giant hard drive by dragging and dropping content directly onto the disc icon on the desktop to add or remove files.
* Disc Cataloging and Instant Search: Users can automatically catalog the contents of their discs so they can track the contents even when the disc is no longer in the drive. This works automatically with discs created in Toast, as well as with previously burned and commercial discs, such as audio CDs.
* Data Spanning: Breaking through the size limitations of other burning software, the Toast 8 data-spanning feature lets users safely back-up data of any size, such as entire music or photo libraries, iMovie projects, and DV files. The feature automatically splits files and folders across multiple discs, and maintains the exact folder and file structure for easy retrieval on any Mac OS X, Windows XP, or Windows Vista system. Data spanning is an ideal way for Mac users in homes, schools, or businesses to share large files with Mac and PC users in other locations.
Pricing and Availability:
Toast 8 Titanium is available now for purchase direct from Roxio at www.roxio.com, and will be widely available from e-tailers and retail outlets this month. The suggested price is $99.99. Owners of previous versions may be eligible for upgrade offers. Special pricing and unique discount bundles are available at Roxio's Macworld Expo booth #314, or by visiting Roxio's 'virtual' Macworld store (www.roxio.com/macworld) through January 14th.
Roxio, a division of Sonic Solutions, develops and markets the best-selling digital media software in the world. Roxio offers award-winning software products for CD/DVD burning, photo editing and video editing and has an installed base of over 350 million users. Roxio distributes its products globally through strategic partnerships with major hardware manufacturers, through leading retailers, through Internet partnerships and through direct sales at www.roxio.com.
Roxio's parent company, Sonic Solutions (NASDAQ: SNIC www.sonic.com) is the leader in digital media software and provides a broad range of software tools and applications for creative professionals, business and home users and technology partners. Sonic's products range from professional DVD authoring systems and interactive content delivery technologies that are used to produce the majority of Hollywood movies released on DVD, to the award-winning Roxio- and Sonic-branded CD and DVD creation, playback and backup applications that have become the premier solutions for consumers and business users worldwide. Sonic's AuthorScript([R]) is the de facto standard for CD and DVD burning and formatting and has been licensed by major software and hardware manufacturers, including Adobe, Broadcom, Microsoft, Scientific-Atlanta, Sony, and many others. Sonic Solutions is headquartered in Marin County, California.
Forward Looking Statement
This press release may contain forward looking statements that are based upon current expectations, including the launch and market acceptance of Toast 8 Titanium. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward looking statements as a result of various risks and uncertainties, including those discussed in the Company's annual and quarterly reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This press release should be read in conjunction with the Company's most recent annual report on Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and other reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which contain a more detailed discussion of the Company's business including risks and uncertainties that may affect future results. The Company does not undertake to update any forward looking statements.
Sonic, Sonic Solutions, Roxio, Toast, CD Spin Doctor, Jam, Fit-to-DVD, and AuthorScript are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sonic Solutions or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other company or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Specifications, pricing and delivery schedules are subject to change without notice.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 8, 2007|
|Previous Article:||ALLIANCE HOLDINGS GP, L.P. Announces Druten Joins Alliance GP, LLC Board of Directors.|
|Next Article:||Roxio My TVToGo Added to the AMD LIVE! Entertainment Suite.|