Rococo Software Releases Bluetooth Developer Kit for PalmOS; Rococo Ships World's First Implementation of Standard Java APIs for Bluetooth Wireless Technology.
DUBLIN, Ireland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 30, 2002
Rococo Software is pleased to announce the release of Impronto Developer Kit for PalmOS, a standards-based Java toolkit for developing Bluetooth applications.
Rococo's Impronto Developer Kit is the world's first independent implementation of standard Java APIs for Bluetooth The Java APIs for Bluetooth is a Java Micro Edition specification for APIs that allow Java midlets to use Bluetooth on supporting devices. The specification was developed under the Java Community Process as JSR 82. Wireless Technology (JABWT JABWT Java Api for Bluetooth Wireless Technology ). Rococo's toolkit allows developers to focus on building applications rather than worrying about complex Bluetooth specifications.
Impronto Developer Kit implements standard Java APIs There are three types of Java Programming Language Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) :
Sean Patrick Paul O'Sullivan, C.M., B.A., LL.D. , Rococo Software CEO (1) (Chief Executive Officer) The highest individual in command of an organization. Typically the president of the company, the CEO reports to the Chairman of the Board. .
According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. technology analysts at Zelos Group, "BT (Bluetooth) will become important once profits and value shift to software." O'Sullivan agrees. "Bluetooth won't succeed until there are compelling applications out there," he said. "Rococo's toolkit makes building Java Bluetooth applications easier and faster, which will help speed-up universal acceptance of the short-range wireless technology." Zelos Group says, Rococo's unique standardized set of Java APIs demonstrates that the company is well positioned to take advantage of the rising demand for Bluetooth applications and the "impending im·pend
intr.v. im·pend·ed, im·pend·ing, im·pends
1. To be about to occur: Her retirement is impending.
2. proliferation of cell phones that support J2ME (Java 2 Platform, Micro Edition) A version of Java 2 for cellphones, PDAs and consumer appliances. J2ME uses the K Virtual Machine (KVM), a specialized Java interpreter for devices with limited memory. ."
Impronto DK for PalmOS:
- Allows developers build Java Bluetooth applications for PalmOS - Implements standard Java APIs for Bluetooth Wireless Technology (JABWT) - Runs applications on Bluetooth devices that support Java - Provides abstractions of Bluetooth wireless communication using the Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME) Generic Connection Framework - Is based on J2ME Connected Limited Device Configuration (CLDC) - Addresses primary Bluetooth profiles - Includes industry-leading WebSphere Micro Environment (J9) from IBM
For more information about Impronto Developer Kit for PalmOS visit www.rococosoft.com/products/index.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Rococo Software
Rococo Software (www.rococosoft.com) uses industry standards to enable fast, easy Bluetooth application development in Java. Rococo was a member of the JSR-82 Expert Group, which developed standards for Java and Bluetooth and is an associate member of the Bluetooth SIG. Rococo chairs the Irish Bluetooth Users Forum (www.ibuf.org).
Rococo's Impronto Simulator runs Java applications in a simulated Bluetooth environment allowing developers to test and configure applications before deploying them on Bluetooth devices. Rococo's Impronto Developer Kit for PalmOS makes creating wireless applications easy by hiding complex Bluetooth protocols Bluetooth uses a variety of protocols. L2CAP
L2CAP, which stands for Logical Link Control and Adaptation Protocol is used within the Bluetooth protocol stack. behind standard Java APIs. The Bluetooth Technology Licensing Kit (TLK TLK The Lion King
TLK Thomas Liard Kennedy (Secondary School, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
TLK Total Left Knee (replacement surgery) ) is a comprehensive set of development tools and technologies that add Java/Bluetooth capabilities to existing platforms. Rococo's experienced consultants are available to help with all aspects of successfully integrating Java and Bluetooth with various platforms. Rococo consultants have deep technical know-how in developing wireless solutions at both the systems and the application level.