Riverbed Demonstrates WDS Market Leadership at CMP's Interop Las Vegas.Showcases Award-Winning Steelhead See RRAS. Appliances; WDS Wds Words
WDS Wireless Distribution System (Joint Common Database)
WDS Wide-area Data Services
WDS Wireless Domain Services (Cisco Systems technology)
WDS Wavelength Dispersive Spectroscopy Expert to Speak at Conference; Partner Pavilion Highlights the Business Benefits of Technology
SAN FRANCISCO San Francisco (săn frănsĭs`kō), city (1990 pop. 723,959), coextensive with San Francisco co., W Calif., on the tip of a peninsula between the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay, which are connected by the strait known as the Golden -- Riverbed Technology Riverbed is a corporation providing wide area data services (WDS).
Riverbed Technology's world headquarters is located in San Francisco, California. , Inc. (NASDAQ NASDAQ
in full National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
U.S. market for over-the-counter securities. Established in 1971 by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), NASDAQ is an automated quotation system that reports on : RVBD), the performance leader in wide-area data services (WDS), is showcasing its award-winning Steelhead[R] WDS appliances at CMP CMP (cytidine monophosphate): see cytosine.
(1) (CMP Media LLC, Manhasset, NY, www.cmp.com) Part of United Business Media, CMP is a leading integrated media company that offers a wide variety of publications and services in the information Media's Interop Las Vegas Las Vegas (läs vā`gəs), city (1990 pop. 258,295), seat of Clark co., S Nev.; inc. 1911. It is the largest city in Nevada and the center of one of the fastest-growing urban areas in the United States. . In addition, Riverbed[R] Vice President of Product Management John Martin will participate in a conference panel discussion on optimizing the network for branch efficiency. Lastly, Riverbed is hosting a partner pavilion in its booth in which leading software and hardware vendors will demonstrate the value of their solutions when coupled with Riverbed's WDS solutions. Partners participating in the Riverbed Technology Alliance (RTA RTA
renal tubular acidosis.
RTA Renal tubular acidosis, see there ) Pavilion are:
* Acopia Networks is the leader in high-performance, intelligent file virtualization See storage virtualization. . Solutions based on Acopia's FreedomFabric[TM] network operating system An operating system that is designed for network use. Normally, it is a complete operating system with file, task and job management; however, with some earlier products, it was a separate component that ran under the OS; for example, LAN Server required OS/2, and LANtastic required DOS. software help customers manage the growth, complexity, and cost of unstructured, globally distributed, file-based information. By providing automatic, policy-driven, data migration, tiering, load balancing The fine tuning of a computer system, network or disk subsystem in order to more evenly distribute the data and/or processing across available resources. For example, in clustering, load balancing might distribute the incoming transactions evenly to all servers, or it might redirect them , snapshots, and replication across multi-vendor storage environments, Acopia helps IT executives to reduce management overhead and accelerate business workflow. For further information about Acopia's products and services, please visit its Website at www.acopia.com.
* LeftHand Networks: LeftHand Networks pioneered IP-based storage area networks (SAN) in 2001. SANs built using LeftHand's SAN/iQ[R] software are uniquely able to distribute and protect data across a cluster of industry-standard storage servers. The company's patented architecture increases data availability Refers to the degree to which data can be instantly accessed. The term is mostly associated with service levels that are set up either by the internal IT organization or that may be guaranteed by a third party datacenter or storage provider. , allows users to start small and grow the SAN seamlessly, and simplifies management. The LeftHand SAN is ideal for server consolidation and virtualization An umbrella term for enhancing a computer's ability to do work. Following are the ways virtualization is used.
Partitioning the computer's memory into separate and isolated "virtual machines" simulates multiple machines within one physical computer. projects, Microsoft Application environments, and disaster recovery solutions. For more information, contact LeftHand at email@example.com.
* RadWare (NASDAQ:RDWR RDWR Read and Write ), the global leader in integrated application delivery solutions, assures the full availability, maximum performance, and complete security of business-critical applications for more than 5,000 enterprises and carriers worldwide. With APSolute, Radware's comprehensive and award-winning suite of intelligent front end, access, and security products, companies in every industry can drive business productivity, improve profitability, and reduce IT operating and infrastructure costs by making their networks "business smart". For more information, please visit www.radware.com.
* Voyence is the leading provider of configuration and change management solutions that automate critical change, compliance and activation processes. The company's solution, VoyenceControl, helps organizations drive out operational costs, increase availability, improve security, and demonstrate regulatory compliance. VoyenceControl is the only configuration and change management solution based on a multi-tiered architecture that can effectively manage tens of thousands of devices across heterogeneous infrastructure. For more information please visit www.voyence.com.
Come to the Riverbed Booth and WIN $1000!
Riverbed is offering to attendees several promotions throughout the show. Riverbed will award on the show floor two PlayStation 3's and a $1,000 grand prize. Attendees should stop by the Riverbed booth during expo hours for details.
Where: < < < < Booth 559 < < Interop Las Vegas < < Mandalay Bay Convention Center < < Las Vegas, NV < < < < When: < < < < Booth Hours < < May 22: 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. < < May 23: 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. < < May 24: 10:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M. < < < < "Optimizing the Network for Branch Efficiency" Panel Discussion < < May 22, 2007 < < 11:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M. < <
About Riverbed's Steelhead Appliances
Riverbed's WDS solutions enable organizations with more than one office to overcome a host of severe problems, including poor application performance and insufficient bandwidth at remote sites. By speeding the performance of applications between distributed sites by five to 50 times and in some cases up to 100 times between enterprise datacenters and remote offices, Riverbed's award-winning Steelhead WDS appliances enable companies to consolidate IT, improve backup and replication processes to ensure data integrity, and improve staff productivity and collaboration. Steelhead appliances have been deployed in organizations ranging from the world's largest corporations with offices around the globe to small companies with a couple of sites that are just miles apart. To learn more, view Riverbed's demo: www.riverbed.com/pr/jack.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements forward-looking statement
A projected financial statement based on management expectations. A forward-looking statement involves risks with regard to the accuracy of assumptions underlying the projections. , including statements relating to relating to relate prep → concernant
relating to relate prep → bezüglich +gen, mit Bezug auf +acc the expected demand for Riverbed's products and services, and statements relating to Riverbed's ability to meet the needs of distributed organizations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties, as well as assumptions that, if they do not fully materialize ma·te·ri·al·ize
v. ma·te·ri·al·ized, ma·te·ri·al·iz·ing, ma·te·ri·al·iz·es
1. To cause to become real or actual: By building the house, we materialized a dream. or prove incorrect, could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties that could cause our results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements include our ability to react to trends and challenges in our business and the markets in which we operate; our ability to anticipate market needs or develop new or enhanced products to meet those needs; the adoption rate of our products; our ability to establish and maintain successful relationships with our distribution partners; our ability to compete in our industry; fluctuations in demand, sales cycles and prices for our products and services; shortages or price fluctuations in our supply chain; our ability to protect our intellectual property rights; general political, economic and market conditions and events; and other risks and uncertainties described more fully in our documents filed with or furnished fur·nish
tr.v. fur·nished, fur·nish·ing, fur·nish·es
1. To equip with what is needed, especially to provide furniture for.
2. to the Securities and Exchange Commission. More information about these and other risks that may impact Riverbed's business are set forth in our Form 10-Q Form 10-Q
See 10-Q. filed with the SEC on April 27, 2007. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to us as of the date hereof here·of
Formal or law of or concerning this
Adv. 1. hereof - of or concerning this; "the twigs hereof are physic" , and we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Riverbed Technology is the performance leader in wide-area data services (WDS) solutions for companies worldwide. By enabling application performance over the wide area network (WAN) that is orders of magnitude faster than what users experience today, Riverbed is changing the way people work, and enabling a distributed workforce that can collaborate as if they were local. Additional information about Riverbed (Nasdaq: RVBD) is available at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed Technology, Riverbed, Steelhead, RiOS, Interceptor, and the Riverbed logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Riverbed Technology, Inc. All other trademarks used or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.