RevolutionHealth.com Launches Heart Attack Recovery Center to Aid Recovery, Prevention of Further Heart Disease.
Online resource covers nutrition, medication, exercise, relationships, more
WASHINGTON -- Today, RevolutionHealth.com launches a new online Heart Attack Recovery Center to help the hundreds of thousands of Americans who are recovering from a heart attack or caring for someone who is. This year, an estimated 1.1 million Americans will have a heart attack and approximately half will survive the incident. With survival rates rising dramatically over the past 20 years, heart attack recovery is more critical than ever for patients and their families.
RevolutionHealth.com is focusing attention on heart attack recovery during the month of February to mark American Heart Month. The free, online resource is particularly timely as a recent study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), agency of the U.S. Public Health Service since 1973, with headquarters in Atlanta; it was established in 1946 as the Communicable Disease Center. found that only one-third of patients who survive a heart attack undergo cardiac rehabilitation Cardiac Rehabilitation Definition
Cardiac rehabilitation is a comprehensive exercise, education, and behavioral modification program designed to improve the physical and emotional condition of patients with heart disease. , a series of lifestyle changes proven to reduce the risk of additional illness and death.
"What many people don't know Don't know (DK, DKed)
"Don't know the trade." A Street expression used whenever one party lacks knowledge of a trade or receives conflicting instructions from the other party. is that cardiac rehabilitation can help prevent another heart attack and even turn back the clock on heart disease," said Val Jones, M.D., senior medical director of RevolutionHealth.com. "Our new online Heart Attack Recovery Center compiles key information, tools and expert guidelines guidelines,
n.pl a set of standards, criteria, or specifications to be used or followed in the performance of certain tasks. , together with an active online community to help patients and their families meet and overcome this serious health challenge."
RevolutionHealth.com's new Heart Attack Center offers the following information and features:
* Medications and supplements - Learn more about the different kinds of heart medicines, potential drug interactions and how supplements might help. Learn about approaches to missed doses and changes in medication.
* Diet - Just as bad eating habits can contribute to heart disease, a heart-healthy diet can aid in recovery. RevolutionHealth.com's experts discuss commonly recommended diets and ingredient substitutions.
* Exercise - How much exercise is enough? Can it ever be too soon to exercise after a heart attack? Read more about the phases of cardiac recovery and typical exercise levels for each one.
* Stress reduction - Everyone knows that stress contributes to heart disease, but what's the best way to control, or even reduce, stress? Take an interactive assessment to measure stress levels and learn every day stress-busters and other ways to take it easy.
* Emotional health - Depression can set in after a heart attack, so learn to recognize the signs. Take positive steps to live with heart disease and seek out group support.
* Caregiving - Supporting your loved one who has just had a heart attack can be difficult. Educate yourself about the facts and the keys to a successful recovery.
* Intimacy - How soon can you resume sex after a heart attack? And is it safe? Is heart medicine affecting sexual activity? Learn what's real, and what's myth.
* Community - You are not alone. Heart attack confronts all too many American families American Family is a photographic artwork exhibition by Renée Cox. See also
"With all the focus on the event - the heart attack - sometimes the recovery gets lost, but the right path to recovery can make all the difference in a longer and healthier life," added Dr. Jones. "But remember, you should consult with your physician before undertaking any change in medications, diet or physical exertion exertion,
n vigorous action, a great effort, a strong influence. ."
About Revolution Health
Revolution Health Group LLC (Logical Link Control) See "LANs" under data link protocol.
LLC - Logical Link Control was created by AOL (A division of Time Warner, Inc., New York, NY, www.aol.com) The world's largest online information service with access to the Internet, e-mail, chat rooms and a variety of databases and services. Co-Founder Steve Case Steve Case (born August 21, 1958) is a businessman best known as the co-founder and former chief executive officer and chairman of America Online (AOL). He reached his highest profile when he played an instrumental role in AOL's merger with Time Warner in 2000. to create products and services that empower empower verb To encourage or provide a person with the means or information to become involved in solving his/her own problems people by putting them at the center of the health system. The flagship of the company is RevolutionHealth.com, which was recently named the Best Overall Internet Health Site by the eHealthcare Leadership Awards. The free consumer health and medical web site marries expert content and online tools with the power of social networking See social networking site.
social networking - social network . RevolutionHealth.com is part of Revolution Health Network which also includes CarePages.com, SparkPeople.com, drugstore.com and HealthTalk.com. Revolution Health also offers premium services that enable companies to provide health content and customized online tools to their employees, including customized portals See personal portal. , employee wellness incentives and telephonic services.