Research and Markets: The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine.
Providing a forum for the discussion of: The relevance of psychobiological, psychological, social, familial, religious, and cultural factors in the development and treatment of illness; the relationship of patients to caretakers, and of both to illness; the impact of medicine's changing style on the broad scope of health care; the individualized significance of disease to a spectrum of people.
Aims & Scope: The goal of the International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine is to address the complex relationships among biological, psychological, social, religious and cultural systems in patient care. The aim of the journal is to provide a forum where researchers and clinicians in psychiatry and primary care from around the world can educate each other and advance knowledge concerning biological, psychological, and social theory, methods, and treatment as they apply to patient care. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* psychobiological, psychological, social, religious, and cultural modifiers of illness
* mental disorders seen and treated in outpatient practice
* doctor-patient interactions
* ethical issues in medicine
* biomedical etiologies of mental symptoms
* research from successful multi-disciplinary, collaborative models
* health services research.
The Journal will publish original research, review articles, innovative educational programs, editorials, and illustrative case reports.
ABSTRACTED AND INDEXED INFORMATION:
* Abstracts on Criminology and Penology
* Adolescent Mental health Abstracts
* Annals of Behavioral Medicine
* Biosciences Information Service of Biological Abstracts
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Clinical Medicine
* Combined Health Information Database (CHID)
* Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences
* Current Science
* DataTRAQ International, Inc.
* Digest of Neurology and Psychiatry
* EBSCO Publishing Database
* Educational Administration Abstracts/EAA
* EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
* Index Medicus
* Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI)
* Human Resources Abstracts/HRA
* International Review of Psychiatry
* Medical Socioeconomic Research Sources
* Mental Health Abstracts
* Mental Health Book Review Index
* Modern Medicine
* Sage Public Administration Abstracts/SPAA
* Sage Urban Studies Abstracts/SUSA
* Selected List of Tables of Contents of Psychiatric Periodicals and Social Science Citation Index
* Social Work Research and Abstracts
* Psychological Abstracts
* Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal
* Violence and Abuse Abstracts/VAA
Key Topics Covered:
The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine Issue: Volume 38, Number 4 / 2008
* Spirituality During Alcoholism Treatment and Continuous Abstinence for One Year Katherine M. Piderman, Ph.D., Terry D. Schneekloth, M.D., V. Shane Pankratz, Ph.D., Susanna R. Stevens, M.S., Steven I. Altchuler, Ph.D., M.D.
* Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms in Adolescents After Two Murders in a School: A Controlled Follow-Up Study Koray Karabekiroglu, MD, Seher Akbas, MD, Gokce Nur Tasdemir, MD, Melih Nuri Karakurt, MD
* A Descriptive Study of a Unique Multi-Ethnic Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Service in Honolulu, Hawaii Russ S. Muramatsu, MD, Deborah Goebert, DRPH, Henry W. Sweeny, BSCS, CPM, Junji Takeshita, MD
* Relationship between Attachment Style, Parental Bonding and Alexithymia in Adults with Somatoform Disorders Francisco Pedrosa Gil, MD, Carl Eduard Scheidt, MD, Diether Hoeger, Ph.D., Marius Nickel, MD
* The Prevalence and Correlates of Depressive Symptoms among Arab Women in a Primary Health Care Setting Aisha Hamdan, Sana Hawamdeh, Amal Hussein
* The Relationship between Childhood Trauma and Medically Self-Sabotaging Behaviors among Psychiatric Inpatient Randy A. Sansone, M.D., Michael W. Wiederman, Ph.D., Jamie S. McLean, M.D.
* Buddhist Values are Associated with Better Diabetes Control in Thai Patients Napaporn Sowattanangoon, Ph.D., Naipinich Kochabhakdi, Ph.D., Keith J. Petrie, Ph.D.
* The Benefit through Spirituality/Religiosity Scale-A 6-Item Measure for Use in Health Outcome Studies Arndt Bussing, M.D. and Harold G. Koenig, M.D.
* ligious and Spiritual Factors and the Consequences of Trauma: A Review and Model of the Interrelationship Frauke C. Schaefer, MD, Dan G. Blazer, MD, Harold G. Koenig, MD
* Index - Contents of Volume 38, 2008
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c8e8e6/the_international
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||May 27, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Research and Markets: Instant Impact: How the EU Fine on Intel Will Immediately Impact Antitrust Lawyers & Their Clients.|
|Next Article:||Research and Markets: The Essential 2009 edition of the Worldwide Heart Valve Market Report is Now Available.|