Research and Markets: The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine.
DUBLIN -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c8e8e6/the_international) has announced the addition of the "The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine" subscription to their offering.
Providing a forum for the discussion of: The relevance of psychobiological, psychological, social, familial, religious, and cultural factors in the development and treatment of illness; the relationship of patients to caretakers, and of both to illness; the impact of medicine's changing style on the broad scope of health care; the individualized in·di·vid·u·al·ize
tr.v. in·di·vid·u·al·ized, in·di·vid·u·al·iz·ing, in·di·vid·u·al·iz·es
1. To give individuality to.
2. To consider or treat individually; particularize.
3. significance of disease to a spectrum of people.
Aims & Scope: The goal of the International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine is to address the complex relationships among biological, psychological, social, religious and cultural systems in patient care. The aim of the journal is to provide a forum where researchers and clinicians in psychiatry and primary care from around the world can educate each other and advance knowledge concerning biological, psychological, and social theory, methods, and treatment as they apply to patient care. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* psychobiological, psychological, social, religious, and cultural modifiers of illness
* mental disorders mental disorders: see bipolar disorder; paranoia; psychiatry; psychosis; schizophrenia. seen and treated in outpatient practice
* doctor-patient interactions
* ethical issues in medicine
* biomedical bi·o·med·i·cal
1. Of or relating to biomedicine.
2. Of, relating to, or involving biological, medical, and physical sciences. etiologies of mental symptoms
* research from successful multi-disciplinary, collaborative models
* health services research Health services research is the multidisciplinary field of scientific investigation that studies how social factors, financing systems, organizational structures and processes, health technologies, and personal behaviors affect access to health care, the quality and cost of health care, .
The Journal will publish original research, review articles, innovative educational programs, editorials, and illustrative case reports.
ABSTRACTED AND INDEXED INFORMATION:
* Abstracts on Criminology and Penology penology
Branch of criminology dealing with prison management and the treatment of offenders. Penological studies have sought to clarify the ethical bases of punishment, along with the motives and purposes of society in inflicting it; differences throughout history and
* Adolescent Mental health Abstracts
* Annals of Behavioral Medicine behavioral medicine
The application of behavior therapy techniques, such as biofeedback and relaxation training, to the prevention and treatment of medical and psychosomatic disorders and to the treatment of undesirable behaviors, such as overeating.
* Biosciences Information Service of Biological Abstracts
* Cambridge Scientific Abstracts
* Clinical Medicine
* Combined Health Information Database (CHID CHID Combined Health Information Database (NIH)
CHID Comparative History of Ideas (University of Washington degree program)
CHID Chemicals and Hazardous Installations Division (United Kingdom) )
* Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences behavioral sciences,
n.pl those sciences devoted to the study of human and animal behavior.
* Current Science
* DataTRAQ International, Inc.
* Digest of Neurology and Psychiatry
* EBSCO Publishing Database
* Educational Administration Abstracts/EAA
* EMBASE/Excerpta Medica medica (māˑ·dē·k
* Index Medicus
* Health and Psychosocial Instruments (HaPI)
* Human Resources Abstracts/HRA
* International Review of Psychiatry
* Medical Socioeconomic Research Sources
* Mental Health Abstracts
* Mental Health Book Review Index
* Modern Medicine
* Sage Public Administration Abstracts/SPAA
* Sage Urban Studies Abstracts/SUSA
* Selected List of Tables of Contents of Psychiatric Periodicals and Social Science Citation Index Science Citation Index (SCI ®) is a citation index originally produced by the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) in 1960, which is now owned by Thomson Scientific.
* Social Work Research and Abstracts
* Psychological Abstracts
* Psychosocial Rehabilitation Journal
* Violence and Abuse Abstracts/VAA
Key Topics Covered:
The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine Issue: Volume 38, Number 4 / 2008
* Spirituality During Alcoholism Treatment and Continuous Abstinence for One Year Katherine M. Piderman, Ph.D., Terry D. Schneekloth, M.D., V. Shane Pankratz, Ph.D., Susanna R. Stevens, M.S., Steven I. Altchuler, Ph.D., M.D.
* Post-Traumatic Stress Symptoms in Adolescents After Two Murders in a School: A Controlled Follow-Up Study Koray Karabekiroglu, MD, Seher Akbas, MD, Gokce Nur Tasdemir, MD, Melih Nuri Karakurt, MD
* A Descriptive Study of a Unique Multi-Ethnic Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Service in Honolulu, Hawaii Russ S. Muramatsu, MD, Deborah Goebert, DRPH, Henry W. Sweeny, BSCS BSCS Biological Sciences Curriculum Study
BSCS Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
BSCS Business Support & Control System
BSCS Black Sea Coastal States (Bulgaria, Georgia, Romania, Russia, Turkey, Ukraine) , CPM, Junji Takeshita, MD
* Relationship between Attachment Style, Parental Bonding and Alexithymia in Adults with Somatoform Disorders Somatoform Disorders Definition
The somatoform disorders are a group of mental disturbances placed in a common category on the basis of their external symptoms. Francisco Pedrosa Gil, MD, Carl Eduard Scheidt, MD, Diether Hoeger, Ph.D., Marius Nickel, MD
* The Prevalence and Correlates of Depressive Symptoms among Arab Women in a Primary Health Care Setting Aisha Hamdan, Sana Hawamdeh, Amal Hussein
* The Relationship between Childhood Trauma and Medically Self-Sabotaging Behaviors among Psychiatric Inpatient Randy A. Sansone, M.D., Michael W. Wiederman, Ph.D., Jamie S. McLean, M.D.
* Buddhist Values are Associated with Better Diabetes Control in Thai Patients Napaporn Sowattanangoon, Ph.D., Naipinich Kochabhakdi, Ph.D., Keith J. Petrie, Ph.D.
* The Benefit through Spirituality/Religiosity Scale-A 6-Item Measure for Use in Health Outcome Studies Arndt Bussing, M.D. and Harold G. Koenig, M.D.
* ligious and Spiritual Factors and the Consequences of Trauma: A Review and Model of the Interrelationship in·ter·re·late
tr. & intr.v. in·ter·re·lat·ed, in·ter·re·lat·ing, in·ter·re·lates
To place in or come into mutual relationship.
in Frauke C. Schaefer, MD, Dan G. Blazer, MD, Harold G. Koenig, MD
* Index - Contents of Volume 38, 2008
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/c8e8e6/the_international