Research and Markets: Surgical Pathology for the Practicing Pathologist.DUBLIN -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/a898b1/surgical_pathology) has announced the addition of the "Surgical Pathology for the Practicing Pathologist" training to their offering.
The curriculum is designed to match the subject matter of the specialty board requirements, including current standards of care Standards of care are medical or psychological treatment guidelines, and can be general or specific. They specify appropriate treatment protocols based on scientific evidence, and collaboration between medical and/or psychological professionals involved in the treatment of a given . The program is a useful tool in aiding practitioners who now are evaluated through the American Board of Pathology Maintenance of Certification process. Board-certified physicians must build six core competencies to qualify for quality patient care within their medical specialty: appropriate patient care, application of medical knowledge, interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism, systems-based practice for optimal care, and practice-based learning and improvement.
Harvard Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education The Accrediting Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) is the overseeing body for continuing medical education (CME) in the United States. The ACCME sets the standards for the accreditation of all providers of CME activities. (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education continuing medical education See CME. for physicians.
A Note on the Format DVD: Includes 10 full-color video DVDs with carrying case, a comprehensive course syllabus on CD-ROM CD-ROM: see compact disc.
in full compact disc read-only memory
Type of computer storage medium that is read optically (e.g., by a laser). and self-assessment examination.
Key Topics Covered:
* Prostatic Adenocarcinoma and its Mimics: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis Gleason Grading and Reporting of Prostatic Adenocarcinoma: A Contemporary Approach Benign Mimics of Urinary Tract Tumors Classification of Renal Epithelial Neoplasms - New Entities and Diagnostic Challenges Classification and Reporting of Urothelial Tumors - The Good News David Grignon, MD
* Primary Mucinous Tumors of the Ovary The Krukenberg Tumor and Other Metastatic Mucinous Tumors in the Ovary Endometrioid and Clear Cell Tumors of the Ovary: Their Many Challenges A New Ovarian Tumor - How it Evolved, its Differential Diagnosis and Pitfalls Along the Way Benign Glandular Lesions of the Cervix Robert H. Young, MD
* Evaluation of Non-Neoplastic Endometrium endometrium /en·do·me·tri·um/ (-me´tre-um) pl. endome´tria the mucous membrane lining the uterus.
n. pl. Endometrial Carcinoma and its Precursors - Histopathology and Differential Diagnosis Premalignant premalignant /pre·ma·lig·nant/ (pre?mah-lig´nant) precancerous.
precancerous. and Malignant Cervical Squamous Lesions Including Cytologic Correlation Biomarkers in the Assessment of Cervical Epithelial Abnormalities Premalignant and Malignant Cervical Glandular Lesions, Including Cytologic Correlation David C. Wilbur, MD
* Bone Marrow Pathology - Sorting out Benign from Malignant Myeloid Malignancies - Recurring Problems and Recent Advances Appropriate Use of Ancillary Testing in Hematopathology Robert P. Hasserjian, MD
* Inflammatory Lesions and Pseudotumors of the Pancreas and Distinction from Carcinoma Tumors of the Ampulla ampulla /am·pul·la/ (am-pul´ah) pl. ampul´lae [L.] a flask-like dilatation of a tubular structure, especially of the expanded ends of the semicircular canals of the ear. , Distal Common Bile Duct common bile duct
The duct that is formed by the union of the hepatic and cystic ducts and discharges into the duodenum. Also called gall duct. and Gallbladder Tumors of the Pancreas - Selected Problems Endocrine Lesions of the Gastro-Intestinal Tract N. Volkan Adsay, MD
* Plus 10 Question Periods
HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL FACULTY:
* Robert H. Young, MD Course Director Massachusetts General Hospital Massachusetts General Hospital Health care The major teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School, widely regarded as one of the best health care centers in the world , Harvard Medical School
* Robert P. Hasserjian, MD Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
* David C. Wilbur, MD Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
* N. Volkan Adsay, MD Emory University and the Winship Cancer Institute
* David Grignon, MD Clarian Health and Indiana University School of Medicine The Indiana University School of Medicine is the medical school of Indiana University, part of the Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI) campus located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Established in 1903, the school had an initial class of 25 students.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/a898b1/surgical_pathology