Research and Markets: Risk Modeling, Assessment, and Management, 3rd Edition.
* Integrates the art and science of risk analysis.
* Clearly shows how to quantify risk and construct probability in conjunction with real-world decision-making problems, including a host of institutional, organizational, political, and cultural considerations.
* Presents basic concepts as well as advanced material, avoiding higher mathematics whenever possible.
* Incorporates numerous examples and case studies to illustrate the analytical methods under discussion.
* An accompanying web site will offer 200 example problems and case studies.
Yacov Y. Haimes is the Lawrence R. Quarles Professor of Systems and Information Engineering and Civil Engineering. He is the Founding Director (1987) of the Center for Risk Management of Engineering Systems at the University of Virginia.
Key Topics Covered:
* PART I: FUNDAMENTALS OF RISK MODELING, ASSESSMENT, AND MANAGEMENT.
* 1. The Art and Science of Systems and Risk Analysis.
* 2. The Role of Modeling in the Risk Analysis Process.
* 3. Identifying Risk Through Hierarchical Holographic Modeling.
* 4. Decision Analysis.
* 5. Multiobjective Trade-Off Analysis.
* 6. Defining Uncertainty and Sensitivity Analysis.
* 7. Risk Filtering, Ranking, and Management.
* PART II: ADVANCES IN RISK MODELING, ASSESSMENT, AND MANAGEMENT.
* 8. Risk of Extreme Events and the Fallacy of Expected Value.
* 9. Multiobjective Decision-Tree Analysis.
* 10. Multiobjective Risk Impact Analysis Method.
* 11. Statistics of Extremes: Extension of the PMRM.
* 12. Bayesian Analysis and the Prediction of Chemical Carcinogenicity.
* 13. Fault Trees.
* 14. Multiobjective Statistical Method.
* 15. Principles and Guidelines for Project Risk Management.
* 16. Applying Risk Analysis to Space Missions.
* 17. Risk Modeling, Assessment, and Management of Terrorism.
* 18. Inoperability Input-Output Model and Its Derivatives for Interdependent Infrastructure Sectors.
* 19. Case Studies.
* Appendix: Optimization Techniques.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/0fe4fc/risk_modeling_ass
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Mar 23, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Research and Markets: Green Guide to Specification, 4th Edition.|
|Next Article:||Research and Markets: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Diagnosis and Treatment.|