Research and Markets: Pantene Case Study: Brand Renovation Driven by Innovative Research and Proctor & Gamble's Reorganization of the Pantene Range.
Pantene Case Study: Brand Renovation Driven by Innovative Research and Proctor & Gamble's Reorganization of the Pantene Range
Pantene relaunched its haircare range globally in June 2010 amid a flattening haircare market and falling market share. The brand undertook a thorough research project aimed at contextualizing the 'bad hair day'. Findings from the research allowed Pantene to gain a better understanding of the perceived importance of healthy hair, as well as help improve the brand's creative executions
Key reasons to purchase this title
* Stimulate ideation and invigorate brands by learning from industry leading examples with supporting consumer, product and market insight data
* Enhance your market positioning and concept development efforts. In doing so, reduce risk for new product launches and increase the chances of success
* Masstige haircare products have been adversely affected by the economic downturn
* Value-for-money is a key consideration in consumers' choice of haircare products
* The recession-induced 'trading down' effect was evident in the haircare category
* Private label threat in personal care is small but imminent
* Pantene's market share slipped during the recession
* Pantene is a top-selling drugstore brand in the US
* Lower-priced shampoos have chipped away at Pantene's market share
* Pantene undertook thorough product and consumer analysis in order to win back customers
* A comprehensive consumer research effort sought to demystify the 'bad hair day'
* Proctor & Gamble reorganized the Pantene range to cut through the 'wall of white'
* Consumer research findings helped inform the brand's new advertising campaign
* Compare and contrast: TRESemm
* Conclusion and implications
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/2b7946/pantene_case_study
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Aug 23, 2010|
|Previous Article:||Research and Markets: Automotive Electric & Electronics Systems Report.|
|Next Article:||Research and Markets: A Non-Engineer's Guide to Electric Vehicles - Guide to the Terms and Concepts.|