Research and Markets: Managing Risk In Software Development Projects.DUBLIN Dublin, city, Republic of Ireland
Dublin, Irish Baile Átha Cliath, county borough (1991 pop. 915,516), Leinster, capital of the Republic of Ireland, on Dublin Bay at the mouth of the Liffey River. -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8534b7/managing_risk_in_s) has announced the addition of the "Managing Risk In Software Development Projects" report to their offering.
Successfully managing software projects requires a deep understanding of the projects' ultimate aims. In many cases projects fail because of fundamental confusions between software and project management itself. You can define a successful strategy by better understanding these risks. While it is impossible to prescribe pre·scribe
To give directions, either orally or in writing, for the preparation and administration of a remedy to be used in the treatment of a disease. rules for success, there are steps that all project managers can take to avoid failure. This report analyses the reasons for cost and time over-runs in some high-profile software development projects in the UK. The differences between software management and other forms of project management are then outlined in order to show the inherent pitfalls and risks.
Key Topics Covered:
* Why software project management is different
* Case Study: National Offender Management Information System
* Understanding Project management
* Managing risk
* Managing risk in commercial projects
* Additional Material
* Contact Details
* Gartner (Gartner, Inc., Stamford, CT, www.gartner.com) The largest information technology consulting firm that specializes in research and analysis. Founded in 1979 by Gideon Gartner, it has grown through acquisitions, including Dataquest in 1995 and Techrepublic in 2000.
* Forrester Forrester is a surname. It may refer to
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8534b7/managing_risk_in_s