Research and Markets: Immunology: A Short Course, 6th Edition.
Immunology: A Short Course, Sixth Edition introduces all the critical topics of modern immunology in clear and succinct yet comprehensive fashion. The authors offer a uniquely balanced coverage of classical and contemporary approaches, basic and clinical aspects. As with the previous editions, the strength of the text is in a complete review of modern immunology without burdening the reader with excessive data or theoretical discussions. Each chapter is divided into short, self-contained units that address key topics illustrated by uniformly drawn, full-color illustrations, many brand new to this edition.
The sixth edition of this successful textbook newly covers:
* Toll-like receptors, their ligands and intracellular activation pathways
* The key role of activation induced cytidine deaminase (AID) in somatic hypermutation and class switch recombination
* The autoimmune regulator (AIRE) gene in self-tolerance and autoimmunity
* T and B cell activation and the immunological synapse, as well as characterization and mechanisms of action of T regulatory cells
Key Topics Covered:
* About the Authors.
* Preface and Acknowledgments.
* 1. Overview of the Immune System.
* 2. Elements of Innate and Acquired Immunity.
* 3. Immunogens and Antigens.
* 4. Antibody Structure and Function.
* 5. Antigen-Antibody Interactions, Immune Assays, and Experimental Systems.
* 6. The Genetic Basis of Antibody Structure.
* 7. Biology of the B Lymphocyte.
* 8. The Role of the Major Histocompatibility Complex in the Immune Response.
* 9. Biology of the T Lymphocyte.
* 10. Activation and Function of T and B Cells.
* 11. Cytokines.
* 12. Tolerance and Autoimmunity.
* 13. Complement.
* 14. Hypersensitivity: Type I.
* 15. Hypersensitivity: Types II and III.
* 16. Hypersensitivity: Type IV.
* 17. Immunodeficiency Disorders and Neoplasias of the Lymphoid System.
* 18. Transplantation.
* 19. Tumor Immunology.
* 20. Resistance and Immunization to Infectious Diseases.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f2ee77/immunology_a_shor
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Mar 5, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Mad Catz to Webcast Presentation at 7th Annual Wedbush Morgan New York MAC Conference on March 11th.|
|Next Article:||USA.NET Signs Agreement with HP to Offer a Comprehensive Suite of Business Email Hosting Opportunities to VARs and Other Channel Partners.|