Research and Markets: Global Gem & Jewelry Market: An Analysis on Sales Trends, Demand and Future Outlook for the Jewelry & Gem Industry.
The global gem and jewelry industry over the past decade has witnessed significant changes and exhibited growth, on account of increasing income as well as demand from the emerging economies across the world. Among the various types of jewelery, plain diamond jewelry accounted for the largest share of the global jewelry market, followed by plain gold jewelery.
Diamonds being the world's major natural resource is used in both jewelry and industrial applications. The growth in demand for diamond-studded jewelry has been due to the strong economic growth in key diamond jewelry consuming nations and marketing efforts of diamond companies.
Traditionally, gold has held the leading position in most of the jewelry markets across the world because of its value as well as tradability factor. In 2008, although the total gold consumed as plain gold jewelry decreased in volume terms, the sales recorded gain in value terms. Demand for platinum jewelry has gained ground in the last few years, in not only the developed markets of the US and Europe but also in emerging markets like China and India, due to the 'elite' tag and 'high-end' value attached to the metal.
Geographically, the US continues to be the largest consumer for gems and jewellery, followed by China/India, the Middle East and Japan. In Europe, the UK and Italy are the largest consumers, and Italy is also one of the world's largest jewelry fabrication centers. The emerging markets, like China, India which are traditional jewelry centers of consumption, are expected to develop as the largest consumption markets for both traditional as well as branded jewelery.
The report analyzes the trends and challenges of the gem and jewelry and also outlines the opportunities driving the present as well as future industry growth. The report focuses on the retail jewelry sales, different jewelry segments and future potential of the four large consumers of jewelry - the US, China, India and the UK. The report analyzes the sales trends, demand patterns and future outlook of the three major segments of the jewelry industry, i.e. platinum, gold and diamond. Further, the report profiles and assesses the performance of the major gems and jewelry companies (retail) - Gitanjali Gems Limited, Signet Jewelers Limited and Tsutsumi.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Global Gems & Jewelry Market 1.1 Introduction to Gems & Jewellery 1.2 Supply Chain Analysis - Gem & Jewelry Market 1.3 Market Overview
2. Gem & Jewelry Industry: Product Segmentation 2.1 Diamonds 2.2 Gold 2.3 Platinum
3. Global Gem & Jewelry Market: Geographical Segmentation 3.1 The US Gem & Jewelry Market 3.2 The UK Gem & Jewelry Market
4. Market Trends 4.1 E-Retailing 4.2 Changing Consumer Preference 4.3 Decrease in Dominance of Centralized Distribution 4.4 Emergence of New Jewelry Fabrication Centers 4.5 Jewelry - Part of Women's Fashion Statement 4.6 Celebrities, Fashion and Media - Setting the trends
5. Market Opportunities 5.1 Increasing Demand for Palladium 5.2 Rising Consumerism in Emerging Economies
6. Market Challenges 6.1 Luxury Goods as Competition 6.2 Other Lifestyle Goods and Services
7. Company Profiles 7.1 Gitanjali Gems Limited 7.2 Signet Jewelers Limited 7.3 Tsutsumi
8. Industry Outlook 8.1 Market Forecast 8.2 Forecast Methodology
* Gitanjali Gems Limited
* Signet Jewelers Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/56bd40/global_gem_jewel
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Industry overview|
|Date:||Jun 12, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Research and Markets: Memphis, TN-MS-AR - Local Market Forecast - Order Now.|
|Next Article:||Research and Markets: The Customer-Driven Architecture: Interactive Financial Services Technology in the iPhone Era.|