Research and Markets: Examine Core Business Activities of Medtronic with This Medical Device Company Intelligence Report.
DUBLIN, Ireland -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c43647) has announced the addition of the latest report from Espicom Business Intelligence Introduction
Espicom Business Intelligence is a publisher of independent and impartial information and analysis services focusing on the pharmaceutical and medical device markets. "Medtronic Medical Device Company Intelligence Report" to their offering.
Medical Device Company Intelligence Reports provide a full review of the company's activities, from its origins to its latest corporate activity, including mergers and acquisitions, agreements, divestitures, major purchasing contracts and litigation An action brought in court to enforce a particular right. The act or process of bringing a lawsuit in and of itself; a judicial contest; any dispute.
When a person begins a civil lawsuit, the person enters into a process called litigation. . Sections are included on products, international activities and R&D, as well as a full, in-depth five year financial analysis. An introduction to each report and a full table of contents is provided for review. More than 60 Medical Device Company Intelligence Reports are currently available.
Medtronic, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, is a medical technology company specialised in implantable and interventional therapies. Over the last five years, Medtronic's revenue has more than doubled, rising from US$5 billion in fiscal 2000 to over US$11 billion in fiscal 2006,.
Medtronic's products are organised within seven operating segments:
Cardiac Rhythm Disease Management - Medtronic's largest operating division, accounting for 46% of the company's total revenue in fiscal 2006. Products include cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT (1) (C RunTime) See runtime library.
(2) (Cathode Ray Tube) A vacuum tube used as a display screen in a computer monitor or TV. The viewing end of the tube is coated with phosphors, which emit light when struck by electrons. ) devices, pacemakers, implantable and external defibrillators, leads and ablation products.
Vascular - Includes drug-eluting and other coronary stents, balloon and guiding catheters, endovascular stent grafts, embolic embolic /em·bol·ic/ (em-bol´ik) pertaining to an embolus or to embolism.
1. Relating to, or caused by an embolus or embolism.
2. Relating to emboly. protection products and peripheral vascular products. In fiscal 2006, sales from this division accounted for 8% of Medtronic's total revenue.
Cardiac Surgery - Includes perfusion systems, heart valves Heart valves
Valves that regulate blood flow into and out of the heart chambers.
Mentioned in: Heart Failure , minimally-invasive cardiac surgery products and accessories. In fiscal 2006, sales from the segment accounted for 6% of Medtronic's revenue.
Spinal and Navigation - Includes thoracolumbar thoracolumbar /tho·ra·co·lum·bar/ (-lum´bar) pertaining to thoracic and lumbar vertebrae.
1. Of or relating to the thoracic and lumbar parts of the spinal column. , cervical and interbody spinal devices and surgical navigation tools. Revenue from the segment accounted for 20% of Medtronic's sales in fiscal 2006.
Neurological - Includes implantable neurostimulation devices, implantable drug administration systems and Medtronic's obesity management products. The division generated 9% of Medtronic's revenue in fiscal 2006.
Diabetes - Includes systems for the treatment of diabetes. The division generated 6% of Medtronic's revenue in fiscal 2006.
ENT ENT ears, nose, and throat (otorhinolaryngology).
ear, nose, and throat
ear, nose and throat.
ENT Ears, nose & throat; formally, otorhinolaryngology - Includes surgical products used by ENT physicians and neurology products. Revenue from the segment accounted for 4% of Medtronic's sales in fiscal 2006."
Key Topics Covered Include:
* Product Portfolio and R&D
* Revenue by Operating Segment, 2004-2006 (US$ million)
* Cardiac Rhythm Disease Management
* Implantable Defibrillators
* Pacing Products
* Patient Management
* External Defibrillators
* Electrophysiology (EP) Systems
* Coronary Products
* Endovascular and Peripheral Products
* Heart Valves and Repair Products
* Surgical Ablation
* Spinal Products
* Neurological Products
* Gastroenterology and Urology urology
Medical specialty dealing with the urinary system and male reproductive organs. It traces its origin to medieval lithologists, itinerant healers who specialized in surgical removal of bladder stones.
* Diabetes Market
* Powered Surgical Systems
* Otology/Neurotology Products
* Rhinology rhinology /rhi·nol·o·gy/ (ri-nol´ah-je) the medical specialty that deals with the nose and its diseases.
The anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the nose. Products
* Plastic Surgery Products
* Powered Surgical Systems
* Endoscopy endoscopy
Examination of the body's interior through an instrument inserted into a natural opening or an incision, usually as an outpatient procedure. Endoscopes include the upper gastrointestinal endoscope (for the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum), the colonoscope (for the Products
* Nerve Integrity Monitoring Systems
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c43647