Research and Markets: Egypt Commercial Banking Report Q4 2009.
DUBLIN -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/020a3a/egypt_commercial_b) has announced the addition of the "Egypt Commercial Banking Report Q4 2009" report to their offering.
The Egypt Commercial Banking Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, banking associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on Egypt's commercial banking industry
We now rate 59 banking systems, and it is little surprise that the developed states dominate the top spots. The US and UK come first and second place, respectively, with scores of 88.7 and 88.0 out of 100. Of crucial importance to both scores is the very high rankings in the crucial 'Risks to realisation of returns Market structure' sub-category, which accounts for 42% of the overall score. The two countries are ranked first and second in this category as well. This sub-category captures the size of the sector, and the potential for assets and loans to grow in US dollar terms. While both systems have been buffeted by the global credit crunch Credit Crunch
An economic condition whereby investment capital is difficult to obtain. Banks and investors become weary of lending funds to corporations thereby driving up the price of debt products for borrowers. and will not post stellar growth numbers in percentage terms for the foreseeable future, the sheer size of the US and UK's financial systems means that there is massive potential for deposits, assets and client loans to rise. In addition, the generally solid institutional framework which looks set to be augmented with new post-credit crunch regulations - will continue to provide a firm basis for the sector.
A Mixed Bag For The Developed States
Following just behind the US and UK are a clutch of major developed state economies, including France (82.9, third) and Germany (80.5, fourth globally), Canada (79.9, fifth), as well as Australia and Italy (78.4, joint sixth). All of these sectors have reasonable prospects into the medium term, having a large deposit and loan base, as well as the potential to grow substantially in volume (even if not percentage) terms. However, several states are notable by their absence in this cluster. Austria falls somewhat short (72.4, 12th) of the pack, along with Greece (69.4, 16th), but it is the poor performance of Switzerland (62.7, 26th) and Japan (56.3, 34th) which really stands out. Both states are going to struggle to post increases in asset or loan growth in US dollar terms over the forecast period, to 2013, partially as a result of currency moves to the downside, but also in the case of Switzerland because of the relative weakness of the two key banking groups, UBS UBS Union Bank of Switzerland
UBS United Bible Societies
UBS United Blood Services
UBS United Buying Service
UBS Used Bookstore
UBS University Business Services
UBS Universal Building Society (UK)
UBS Ulaanbaatar Broadcasting System and Credit Suisse The Credit Suisse Group (SWX:CSGN, NYSE: CS) is a financial services company, headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland. It is the second-largest Swiss bank, behind UBS AG. which had built up large franchises during the good years.
Key Topics Covered:
* EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
* SWOT ANALYSIS SWOT Analysis
A tool that identifies the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of an organization.
* BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT OUTLOOK
* GLOBAL COMMERCIAL BANKING OUTLOOK
* REGIONAL OUTLOOKS
* MIDDLE EAST BANKING SECTOR OUTLOOK
* EGYPT BANKING SECTOR OUTLOOK
* ISLAMIC BANKING Islamic banking refers to a system of banking or banking activity that is consistent with Islamic law (Sharia) principles and guided by Islamic economics. OVERVIEW
* ECONOMIC OUTLOOK
* COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
* COMPANY PROFILES
* BMI BMI body mass index.
body mass index
Body mass index (BMI)
A measurement that has replaced weight as the preferred determinant of obesity. BANKING SECTOR METHODOLOGY
* Banque Misr
* Banque Du Caire Banque du Caire, or "Bank of Cairo", is a full service bank headquartered in Cairo. The bank operates over 120 branches in Egypt. It has branches in the United Arab Emirates and representative offices in Ukraine and in Zimbabwe, as well as affiliates or subsidiaries in Saudi Arabia
* Egyptian Arab Land Bank
* National Bank Of Egypt This article is about a commercial bank. For Egypt's central bank, see Central Bank of Egypt.
National Bank of Egypt (NBE) is the oldest and largest bank in Egypt, and has 378 branches within the country.
* Principal Bank for Development and Agricultural Credit
* Bank Of Alexandria The Bank of Alexandria is one of the largest banks in Egypt. It has a market share of almost 7% and had assets of 5.2 billion euros (US$6.5 billion) as of June 30, 2006. History
* Al-Watany Bank of Egypt
* Arab African International Bank
* Housing And Development Bank
* Industrial Development And Workers Bank Of Egypt
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/020a3a/egypt_commercial_b