Research and Markets: Conference Documentation for the 4th Annual Fuel Cells Durability & Performance 2008 Conference.
DUBLIN, Ireland -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/94389a/4th_annual_fuel_ce) has announced the addition of the "4th Annual Fuel Cells Durability & Performance 2008 Conference Documentation" report to their offering.
FUEL CELLS DURABILITY & PERFORMANCE
Real World Solutions to the Most Significant Challenges Facing Fuel Cells Commercialization
December 11-12, 2008 - Las Vegas, NV USA
The 4th Annual Conference Documents in the Knowledge Foundation's Fuel Cells Durability & Performance series will provide an interdisciplinary discussion forum for fuel cell developers, manufacturers and suppliers working in the fields of fuel cells materials, stacks, system design, fabrication, and testing. Important topics to be addressed include:
* Factors Affecting Durability & Performance
* Electrocatalysts - The Platinum Issue
* Testing, Protocols, Balance of Plant
* Beyond PEM (Privacy Enhanced Mail) A standard for secure e-mail on the Internet. It supports encryption, digital signatures and digital certificates as well as both private and public key methods. Not widely used, work on PEM later evolved into S/MIME. See MIME.
* Membranes and MEAs
Key Topics Covered:
FACTORS AFFECTING FUEL CELL DURABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
* DOE Fuel Cell R&D Activities: Transportation, Stationary, and Portable Power Applications
* FCV FCV
feline calicivirus. Development at Nissan - Current Status and Future Perspective
* Volkswagen's High Temperature Polymer Electrolyte Fuel Cell (HT-PEM-FC)
* Material Trade-Off Analysis for Performance vs. Durability, and Impacts on System Design
* Degradation of Gas Diffusion Media
* An Inside Look at Degradation Pathways at a Polymer Electrolyte-Electrode Interface
ELECTROCATALYSTS. THE PLATINUM ISSUE
* In situ In place. When something is "in situ," it is in its original location. X-Ray Absorption and Scattering Studies of Cathode Electrocatalyst Degradation
* The Stability of Platinum and Carbon in PEMFC PEMFC Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell Electrodes: Insight Obtained by Applying Electrochemical electrochemical /elec·tro·chem·i·cal/ (-kem´i-k'l) pertaining to interaction or interconversion of chemical and electrical energies.
* Nano Electrocatalysts Design and Synthesis to Minimize Pt Use
TESTING, PROTOCOLS, BALANCE OF PLANT
* MEA MEA Multiple endocrine adenomatosis. See Multiple endocrine neoplasia. Durability Test System (MEADS)
* Performance and Durability of an Open Flowfield Architecture Fuel Cell
* Fuel Cell Balance of Plant Reliability Test Bed
* Ovonic o·von·ic
Of or relating to a device whose operation is based on the Ovshinsky effect.
[Ov(shinsky effect) + (electr)onic.] Metal Hydride Fuel Cell Metal hydride fuel cells are a subclass of alkaline fuel cells that are currently in the research and development phase. A notable feature is their ability to chemically bond and store hydrogen within the cell. (MHFC MHFC Mt. Hope Family Center (Rochester, NY) ) - The Power of PEM at a Fraction of the Cost
FACTORS AFFECTING FUEL CELL DURABILITY AND PERFORMANCE II
* PEMFC Performance Studies: The Effects of Interactions between Trace Contaminants and Water
* Spectroscopic spec·tro·scope
An instrument for producing and observing spectra.
spectro·scop Detection of Trace Impurities in Hydrogen Fuel Used for PEM Fuel Cell Applications
* Study of Reinforced PEM Degradation at Various Fuel Cell Conditions
* The Effects of Metal Ion Contamination on a Fuel Cell Membrane
* A Novel Design of Miniature Air Breathing Fuel Cell for Stability Improvement
* Effects of Operation on the Degradation of MEAs Made With Different Types of Nafion Membranes
* Performance and Durability of Dimensionally Stable Membrane
* Better Understanding of Membrane Aging in Fuel Cell: Correlation between Ex-Situ and In-Situ Experiments
* Effect of Membrane Mechanical Properties on Membrane Lifetimes
* Interactions between Chemical and Mechanical Degradation of PEMFC Membrane and MEAs
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/94389a/4th_annual_fuel_ce