Reducing mishaps--the safety challenge.According to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. Commander Naval Safety Center RAdm. Dick Brooks Dick Brooks (April 14 1942 – February 1 2006) was an American NASCAR driver. Born in Porterville, California, he was the 1969 NASCAR Rookie of the Year, and went on to win the 1973 Talladega 500. After he retired, he served as a NASCAR sportscaster for a brief period of time. , "An all-hands effort is needed to reduce mishaps in Naval Aviation. We need to keep our sailors and Marines safe, and to make sure our aircraft are mission-ready." To learn more about how you can help reduce mishaps, visit these websites:
* What is the 50% Mishap-Reduction Campaign? For news, policy, tools and data, go to www.safetycenter.navy.mil/mishapreduction.
* Can operational risk management improve the way we do business? Learn more about ORM ORM - Object Role Modeling at www.safetycenter.navy.mil/orm.
* How can we help save the lives of our sailors and Marines? Motor vehicle accidents motor vehicle accident Public health A morbid condition that kills 45,000/yr–US; 60% are < age 35; MVAs account for 500,000 hospitalizations and most 20,000 spinal cord injuries, at a cost of $75 billion/yr cause most deaths. To find resources to protect our people, go to www.safetycenter.navy.mil/ashore/motorvehicle/toolbox.