Readings on Islam. (Worth Noting ...).
* Understanding Islam, by Thomas W. Lippman, is a thorough history of Islam and its adherents from a geopolitical ge·o·pol·i·tics
n. (used with a sing. verb)
1. The study of the relationship among politics and geography, demography, and economics, especially with respect to the foreign policy of a nation.
a. perspective. (DuttonPlume)
* The Everyman's Library Everyman's Library is a series of reprinted classic literature currently published by Alfred A. Knopf, Inc. (a division of Random House) in the United States, and Weidenfeld and Nicolson in the United Kingdom. The series began publishing in 1906. Edition of The Koran contains the teachings of the prophet Muhammad--the central text of Islam--in a readable English version as translated by J. M. Rodwell. (Tuttle Publishing Tuttle Publishing, formerly the Charles E. Tuttle Company, is a publishing company which includes Tuttle, Periplus Editions and Journey Editions. With offices in North Clarendon, Vermont, Singapore, Tokyo, and Jakarta, Tuttle Publishing has become the largest )
* The wide range of contemporary Islam as practiced in various Eastern and Western societies is surveyed in Islam Today, by Akbar S. Ahmed. (I.B. Taurus & Company Ltd.)
* Islam: A Very Short Introduction, by Malise Ruthven Dr. Malise Ruthven (born 1942) is a Scottish writer and historian on religion, fundamentalism, and especially Islamic affairs. He is one of the best known writers on Islamist terrorism and the jihadis currently writing. , is a brief but comprehensive introduction to the theology of Islam and its major movements. (Oxford University Press)
* Muhammad: A Biography of the Prophet, by Karen Armstrong, is about the life of the founder and prophet of Islam by one of the most accessible authors ever to treat the subject of religion. (HarperCollins)
* Islam: A Short History, by Karen Armstrong. Armstrong's digestible digestible
having the quality of being able to be digested.
the proportion of the potential energy in a feed which is in fact digested.
see digestible protein. overview of the sweeping history of Islam serves as an adequate, if abbreviated, post-script to her biography of the prophet. (Modern Library)
Daniel Tepfer is a bookseller at Politics & Prose, an independent Washington, D.C. bookstore. An annotated bibliography related to current events can be found at www.politics-prose.com.