Rapid sample screening for first responders and health officials.The Guardian Reader System, from Alexeter Technologies, was designed with the emergency first responder first responder First response personnel Emergency medicine A person employed in the public sector–EMT, fire fighter, police, volunteer EMS–whose duties include provision of immediate medical care in the event of an emergency; FRs have basic emergency and the local emergency health official in mind. The system allows rapid, on-site screening of unknown biological samples in critical, high-stress situations.
The Guardian Reader is designed to provide increased confidence when the BioThreat Alert[TM] Test Strip is used. In critical decision-making situations, such as potential bioterrorist events, the Guardian Reader delivers a reliable, independent evaluation. In the high-stress or limited-light conditions often found at emergency locations, the added confidence provided by the Guardian Reader can make the difference between rash judgments and informed decision making.
The reader offers the following benefits and features:
* complete portability, ensuring evidentiary ev·i·den·tia·ry
1. Of evidence; evidential.
2. For the presentation or determination of evidence: an evidentiary hearing.
Adj. 1. chain-of-custody on all samples tested;
* added confidence with respect to visual determinations made from the test strips;
* large-button format designed with HazMat operations in mind;
* elimination of subjective judgement calls in low-light or highly stressful situations;
* report printing and file storing, ensuring documented chain-of-custody for all samples;
* automatic reading of the radio frequency identification See RFID. (RFID (Radio Frequency IDentification) A data collection technology that uses electronic tags for storing data. The tag, also known as an "electronic label," "transponder" or "code plate," is made up of an RFID chip attached to an antenna. ) tag embedded in each disposable BioThreat Alert Test Strip and storage of batch lot, calibration and specific test information, and serial number in the reader;
* battery-operation or direct-line power;
* waterproof/airtight carrying case, built-in printer, AC adaptor and full Guardian System Instruction Manual;
* 10-year internal clock battery; and
* clock factory-preset to Greenwich Mean Time Greenwich mean time or Greenwich meridian time (GMT), the former name for mean solar time at the original site of the Royal Observatory in Greenwich, England, which is located on the prime meridian. .
The Guardian reader comes with a 90-day limited warranty Limited warranty
A warranty with certain conditions and limitations on the parts covered, type of damage covered, and/or time period for which the agreement is good. ; an extended warranty The examples and perspective in this article or section may not represent a worldwide view of the subject.
Please [ improve this article] or discuss the issue on the talk page. option is available.
For more information, visit www.alexeter.com, or call (877) 591-5571.