RECORD EXPORTS OF KENYA'S FLOWERS.Kenya's exports of cut flowers flowers cut from the stalk, as for making a bouquet.
See also: Flower grew by 22% in 1999, compared with the previous year, according to according to
1. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
2. In keeping with: according to instructions.
3. the Kenya's Horticultural hor·ti·cul·ture
1. The science or art of cultivating fruits, vegetables, flowers, or ornamental plants.
2. The cultivation of a garden. Crops Development Authority (HCDA HCDA Hawaii Community Development Authority
HCDA Hydrodynamic Core Disruptive Accident ).
Exports reached a record 37,000 tonnes for the year, eclipsing the previous record of 35,000 tonness in 1997. The 1998 figure of 30,000 tonnes partly reflected the impact of the severe el Nino weather conditions in the early part of that year. Kenya earned just under $ 100m from cut flowers in 1999.
"This encouraging trend seems likely to continue," commented Mike Morland, Executive Officer of the Kenya Flower Council, an association of Kenya's leading exporters and growers. "Results this year have been good. Our members are reporting increased business," he said.