RAF VIDEO SEX SPY MADE ME FEEL SICK.
Senior aircraftman Lee Carter filmed seven women at RAF Lossiemouth, Moray, after offering to take portrait photos of them, it is claimed.
A court martial yesterday heard one of his alleged victims say: "I am obviously disgusted that Carter filmed me in these circumstances.
"I felt physically sick watching the video. At one point I changed my bra and for several seconds my breasts were exposed."
Another woman said she felt particularly betrayed, as Carter was a friend of her husband.
She told the court: "Since watching the video I feel very dirty and ashamed.
"I am a very private person. Lee had become a family friend."
The court has heard Carter was caught when colleagues found the videos in his locker and recognised one of the women.
Some films showed women topless and wearing thong-style underwear.
The alleged victims were all either female colleagues at the base or the wives of men stationed there.
The court heard that Carter, who was employed as an official photographer, offered to take portrait shots of the women at a studio on the station.
He would urge them to take along changes of clothing. Then, as they undressed to change during photo sessions, he would use strategically-placed video cameras to film them.
In a statement read to the court martial at the base, Carter, 29, said he had taken advantage of his situation to make the videos.
Asked for his reasons for filming the women between September 1995 and December 1996, he replied: "Sex".
Carter, who has been in the RAF for nine years, faces up to two years behind bars if found guilty.
Defence agent Andrew McCartan argued that the behaviour of his client had to be judged by the standards of the present day.
He said: "It is my contention that what senior aircraftman Carter did, and what you have seen, is not disgraceful conduct of an indecent kind."
Carter denies eight charges of disgraceful conduct of an indecent kind, contrary to the Air Force Act of 1955.
He had been due to leave the service in April this year, but his departure was delayed pending the court martial, which is set to finish today.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland)|
|Date:||Nov 19, 1998|
|Previous Article:||Ibrox idol battles brothel ruling.|
|Next Article:||Fallen police hero jailed.|