Quiz of the Day.
2. Which country has the second largest population in the world?
3. Who headed the special commission set up to investigate the death of President John F.
4. What creature appears in Damian Hirst's artwork entitled The Physical Impossibility of
Death in the Mind of Someone Living?
5. In golf the name of what bird is given to a score of three under par at any one hole?
6. What is the name of the character played by
Patricia Routledge in the TV sitcom Keeping
7. By what name is the North American creature
Ursus arctos horribilis better known?
8. Who once described England as 'a nation of shopkeepers'?
9. Which political cartoonist of the day illustrated Alice's Adventures in Wonderland?
10. Whom did Lady Caroline Lamb describe as
'mad, bad and dangerous to know'?
ANSWERS: 1 John Boyd Dunlop; 2 India; 3 Earl Warren; 4 A shark (preserved in a tank of formaldehyde); 5 Albatross; 6 Hyacinth Bucket; 7 The grizzly bear; 8 Napoleon; 9 Sir John Tenniel; 10 Lord Byron.
Patricia Routledge - see Question 6