Product of the Year judges.
Harold Lambert, president, Lambert Agricultural Consulting Inc., Innis, La.
Eldon White, executive vice president, National Agri-Marketing Association, Overland Park Kan.
W. Dave Downey, executive director, Center for Food & Agricultural Business, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind.
Dan Manternach, editor, Doane's Ag Report, St. Louis.
The staff of Agri Marketing extends its gracious thanks to the judges for the time, attention and expertise they brought to the judging process.
To be eligible for the 2005 Product of the Year search, the product or service must have been commercially marketed for at least one full growing season. Entries were accepted from companies and agencies, and all submissions were judged on the basis of the following criteria:
1) Market environment, including share of market, competition, growth in market share (20 percent)
2) Industry recognition--awards and honors received for product (10 percent)
3) Benefit and value added to marketplace (35 percent)
4) Strategic marketing approach, including understanding of market needs, sales and marketing activities (25 percent)
5) Overall summary of product's significance (10 percent)
2003: Callisto herbicide from Syngenta
2000: E-business/the Internet
1999: Case IH Magnum
1998: NK Brand Bt corn
1997: Roundup Ready soybeans from Asgrow
Agri Marketing would like to thank Dan Kirkpatrick, Liz Suter and Osborn & Barr Communications for assisting with this project. The Product of the Year cover on page 31 is courtesy of Osborn & Barr.