President's corner.Happy New Year! The entire staff at Headquarters NDTA NDTA National Defense Transportation Association
NDTA National Dance Teachers Association
NDTA Neuro-Developmental Treatment Association (Laguna Beach, CA)
NDTA North Dakota Telephone Association joins me in wishing each of you good health, happiness, and every success in 2003.
Wow! Time is marching along. It seems like yesterday we were consumed con·sume
v. con·sumed, con·sum·ing, con·sumes
1. To take in as food; eat or drink up. See Synonyms at eat.
a. with Y2K See Y2K problem and Y2K compliant.
Y2K - Year 2000 and the new millennium - now we are into the fourth year.
I recognize we are all on a fast track with much yet to be done. At your "Corporate Headquarters" we are completing our review of the topics highlighted in my last column. A status report follows.
The Strategic Plan is in draft and will be presented to the Board of Directors in February February: see month. for approval. Once approved it will be published and available on the NDTA website.
The Annual Forum will be significantly different. We have listened to your comments received through various means of communications and the feedback provided through the NDTA membership survey published in the December DTJ DTJ Double Talkin' Jive (Guns N' Roses song)
DTJ Downey, Thorpe and James (Boulder, CO architects) . We are moving to a format that will provide multiple opportunities for professional development, education, knowledge sharing, and active participation. You have spoken, we have listened, now we ask for your enthusiastic support. Plan now! Mark your calendars! Join us in Kansas City Kansas City, two adjacent cities of the same name, one (1990 pop. 149,767), seat of Wyandotte co., NE Kansas (inc. 1859), the other (1990 pop. 435,146), Clay, Jackson, and Platte counties, NW Mo. (inc. 1850). , MO, 13-17 September 2003, for an exciting program.
The majority of the feedback pertaining per·tain
intr.v. per·tained, per·tain·ing, per·tains
1. To have reference; relate: evidence that pertains to the accident.
2. to the DTJ is positive. We will continue to work to improve the content and relevancy of the articles and consider other improvements in our continuing pursuit of excellence.
We have tweaked See tweak. our staff structure and identified individual staff responsibilities as follows:
* Mark Victorson -- Operations, chapter support, individual membership, and programs.
* Denny Edwards -- Corporate development, marketing, expositions, and sponsorship programs.
* Nancy Alexander -- Finance and metrics metrics Managed care A popular term for standards by which the quality of a product, service, or outcome of a particular form of Pt management is evaluated. See TQM. .
* Susan Leigh -- The Defense Transportation Journal (DTJ), NDTA Gram, website, and promotional materials.
* Leah Ashe -- Database Manager and membership, (Individual and Corporate) administrative support.
You may contact any of the above individuals by calling (703) 751-5011 or by e-mail (first name)@ndtahq.com.
An area requiring more analysis and evaluation is expanding electronic communications. We are currently developing requirements for better management of our database through more current COTs software, and working to significantly improve and upgrade our website and electronic communications capability.
As we move forward to strengthen and grow the Association, we ask for your continued support and active participation to:
* Promote NDTA at the local level and participate in local NDTA activities.
* Attend, participate, and support the Forum -- be a seminar leader, present at the Forum, exhibit, or sponsor an event.
* Write articles for publication in the DTJ.
* Advertise in the DTJ to strengthen your brand recognition.
* Help NDTA retain current members and recruit new members (Individual and Corporate).
The strength of our Association resides with you! Thanks to you, NDTA is a strong organization committed to ensuring a robust Defense Transportation System in support of our Nation's security. Thank you for your confidence in the Association and the daily contributions each of your make to ensure our success.